This was our first Christmas in the new house! It was fun to decorate a new place. Reid has been SO excited about all of the Christmas decorations. Last year he was clueless, so it's been really fun. The first couple of mornings after we decorated, he would say, "Christmas is downstairs!" as soon as he woke up. We decorated the tree after Georgia went to sleep one night. Chris and I enjoyed that special time with Reid. After he put each ornament on he said, "That's a great spot!!" He was really proud. :)
One tradition I started when Reid was born is getting an "Old World Christmas" ornament for him each year. I try to make it something that represents him from that year. The plan is to give the kids their collection when they get married one day. Tear… ;(
Reid was sooo excited about his fire truck ornament this year!
Georgia Kate got a baby shoe. Reid got the same blue one for his first Christmas.
I am also trying to make an ornament with each of them every year (at least while they are little). I copied these from Pinterest of course!
Georgia Kate's mistle toes
Reid's snowmen handprint
I just love these pictures of him waiting to turn on the lights and seeing the finished tree.
When we were looking at houses and saw this house for the first time, I was so excited because it has the PERFECT spot for a Christmas tree! That's important when finding a house! ;) I may tone down the mesh next year. There was too much mesh and not enough space for ornaments! I also want to add garland to the stairs maybe next year.
Reid loves the snow village this year!
I smile every time I look at our mantle. Seeing those two sweet stockings on the right reminds me every day how blessed we are!
Merry Christmas!
It looks great! Hope the decorations are still up on NYE so I can see them in person :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful decorations- I would expect nothing less from you! And fun tradition with the ornaments! I just picked out Colby and Clara's first ones on etsy… I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn that they're owls ;)
ReplyDeleteOkay those ornaments you made with the kids- especially the mistletoes-- ADORABLE!!!!!!
ReplyDelete