Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23rd!

Whew! The birthday celebrations are over and we officially have a one year old!  After the emotional roller coaster I got myself on while blogging last night, I'm happy to say I made it through today with only one teary moment!  Reid and I spent the day together, just the two of us.  That's exactly what I wanted to do and I'm sure he would say the same! ;) We only left the house one time to go to Chick-fil-a.  I figured since it was his birthday I would spare him the torture of sitting in a shopping cart. ;) I probably sang "Happy Birthday" to him 30 times throughout the day!  I just couldn't help myself! 

Good morning, birthday boy!
 Daddy made Reid some teddy bear pancakes before he left for work!  
Reid and I spent the morning doing his favorite things.  We played in the living room, looked at the deer in the study (this is seriously his favorite thing ever), and got to swing in the backyard!  Grandma and Grandpa got Reid a swing set for his birthday!  He actually got to see it last night .  This will provide lots of fun for years to come!  


 After our morning playtime, Reid gave me the best gift ever.  He fell asleep in my arms while I was rocking him before his nap.  This hasn't happened in MONTHS.  I think he knew his mommy needed a little extra cuddle time on his birthday.  I just soaked it up.  He slept with me holding him for about 30 minutes and I loved every second of it.  (That was my teary moment of the day.)  After his nap he ate his favorite lunch consisting of  2 chick-fil-a grilled nuggets, pears, and blueberries.  He LOVES blueberries right now.  Since Reid loves bath time, I thought it would be fun to give him an extra bath time today and let him have a bubble bath in our tub, which he has never done!  He was a little unsure at first...
 Eventually he warmed up to the idea and we had so much fun!  We played some more and then Reid went down for a short afternoon nap.  He woke up screaming after about 40 minutes.  Those back teeth are not fun! :( We had a little photo shoot in the front yard while we waited for Daddy to get home!  I wanted Reid to wear his birthday party outfit again today because I love it so much!  


 Tonight our families came over for dinner, cupcakes and ice cream, and presents!
It is totally normal to wrap presents to match your baby's outfit, right?  

 He was just as amazed when we sung "Happy Birthday" today as he was at his party.  Precious...
 This time he just picked the whole thing up and went for it!  
 He got a little taste of ice cream too!
 Then it was time to try out some of his new wheels!  


 What a wonderful day loving on our wondeful boy! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Love that sweet little boy! Glad you both had a great day!

    ReplyDelete