Sunday, May 6, 2012

Guest Blog - The Weekly Adventures of Reid

So that no one gives Brittany any praise grief or credit blame for the following blog post, I want everyone to know that she did not create this blog nor does she know that I have created it.

I wanted to take some time this week to document all the things that Reid has been into this week.  I could probably do this every week since he has started to discover all the things in the house that he can get into that he probably shouldn't. 

So let's get started.  This week Reid's crawling speed finally got him something that he has been trying to get a hold of for a while...dog food.  He managed to steal some from Annabelle at our house and from Jack at Mumsie's and Popsie's house this weekend.  Unfortunately he got some into his mouth, but luckily we were able to get it out before he started chewing.

Reid also took the opportunity to do trying to figure out what Chloie is always barking at out the front door.  Too bad for all of our eardrums, he was unsuccessful but promised to keep trying.

The highlight of the week for me was Reid's attempt to feed himself one of his fruit pouches.  As you can see from the picture he has the squeezing part down, but he has yet to figure out the whole make sure it's in your mouth part.  I know one day he will thank me for posting this embarrassing moment.

Reid has taken up weightlifting recently in the form of doing shoulder press with my shoes.  It is pretty hilarious to see him grab one with each arm and start laughing as he lifts them up.

Just to make sure he had enough protein to maintain the muscle mass he was building from his workouts, we went and had BBQ.  We forgot to pack a bib but luckily for us the restaurant had the "I love Ribs" plastic version.  

Now that Reid has become a much better crawler, he loves to play with cars.  The cars we have are the ones that he can pull back and then let go and they roll away.  He will get lost in his own world (well with Annabelle close by always watching) and go back and forth chasing them. 

Thanks for letting me guest blog this time.  Hopefully for my sake there is a next time.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for a post from Chris! Sounds like Reid has been keeping you busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Guest Blog Chris! I absolutely love Reid's blog....what an amazing little boy with amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of him trying to use the pouch is classic. I think every baby has that problem the first time they try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is too cute! Thanks for the update, Chris!

    ReplyDelete