Friday, May 11, 2012

Home

I've been thinking lately how much more "living" we are doing in our house compared to before we had Reid.  I feel like our house used to just be where Chris and I would meet up at the end of our long days.  As pitiful as it is, we hardly even ate dinner at our house together.  We were hardly ever there.  I would usually stay at work until 7 or 8, Chris would usually stay at work until 10 or 11 (the years when he wasn't traveling all week), and our house was just our house.  Now, I feel like it is our home, and I love that.  Now we have cheerios on the floor, toys EVERYWHERE, and I am actually using the kitchen!  It's not always spic and span, but I kind of love that.  It means we are living in our home and not just sleeping there.  I feel like Reid loves being at home too.  He doesn't ever want to leave the house (which can be kind of frustrating), but I'm so glad he is happiest when we are home.  I hope he always feels this way! :) 

A few things about Reid right now...

*He is starting to try to throw Annabelle's toys for her!  They only go about 2 feet and she kind of just looks at him like, "That's all you've got?" But, it's pretty cute to watch them play together!  
*He is obsessed with closing doors right now.  If I have him in the bathroom while I'm getting ready, he will crawl around and close the closet door, the linen closet door, and the toilet area door.
*We are pretty much done with baby food!  Yay!  He is eating only table food now and getting better at it by the day!  We also introduced whole milk a couple of weeks ago.  He has a cup with lunch and LOVES it (just like he loves his water).
<I realize that stuff like this is so boring, but I think I will be glad I have a point of reference when we have another baby someday.>.
*He loves, loves, loves to go in the study and look at the deer.  Anytime we say, "Let's go look at the deer!" he starts crawling towards the study.  I'm sure his daddy loves that they share a passion for animals mounted on the wall... :/
*He has a new silly face where he wrinkles up his nose.  He does it all the time.  He likes to make the face when he's in his car seat and then laugh at himself in the mirror.  I tried to get a good picture of it!    


I am looking forward to a fun and busy weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. Such a precious little boy- I think I say that same thing on every comment I make, lol! He's a ham and I could just eat him up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet boy :) Davis is also a big fan of closing doors, so much so that at playgroup today, he shut a cabinet on one of his friends and slammed the little Fisher Price toy house door on another friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so stinkin cute!! And you will be so glad you wrote all the "boring" stuff down! I am constantly rereading old posts these days!!

    ReplyDelete