Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Florida 2014

We spent last week at the beach with my family and had a wonderful time!  We always stay somewhere in between Destin and Panama City Beach.  This year we stayed in a great house near Rosemary Beach!

We broke up the drive on the way there into two days.  We stopped in Baton Rouge Friday night.  Reid rode with my parents and Georgia Kate rode with us.  Georgia wasn't a fan of the car (as usual) and cried most of the way to Florida.  I was having major sinus issues both days in the car, so combine those two things and let's just say we were very happy when we got there! :)

We did manage to get a smile when we crossed into Louisiana!  Her first time leaving Texas needed documentation.
Also important to note is that Georgia can now wear little bows clipped into her hair!  Eeek!
Reid was so excited to stay at a hotel!  He was also very interested in this thing that is supposedly called a telephone. ;) 
When we arrived on Saturday afternoon I wanted to take the kids down to see the ocean right away!
The water this year was absolutely GORGEOUS.  It's always pretty, but it was definitely the clearest it's ever been!  
Reid took a while to warm up to the whole beach concept.  He eventually got comfortable with the sand (as long as he had his shoes on), but never got in the ocean.  There was "too much waves".  Georgia Kate did really well!  She did the beach in small doses, but when she was down there, she loved it!  She crawled around in the sand and loved being in the ocean!  














Reid enjoyed lots of popsicles and ice cream on this trip!  When I asked him what his favorite part of the beach was he first said ice cream and then said sand.  He also said in a sing-song voice…"not the ocean!" :) 
We stayed at the house most of the week, but did venture out a couple of nights for dinner!

Before our first dinner out...








This is what happens when everyone is hungry and you save the family picture for last...
Dinner that night was slightly stressful, so my parents very sweetly offered to keep the kids at home the next time and let the big kids go eat!  We went to one of our favorite places called The Great Southern Cafe in Seaside!


After dinner, my parents brought the babies up to Seaside to walk around, take some pictures, and go to  the cute ice cream shop there!  



This boy is just so happy!




We attempted dinner with the kids again our last night there and luckily it went pretty well!


We did a little photo shoot on the beach with the kids Thursday afternoon, but I am going to do a separate post with those pictures! 

We decided to make the long drive home all in one day.  Chris and I and the kids left at 5:30 am Saturday morning and arrived home around 5:30 pm.  I was SO nervous about the 12 hour drive, but I was so proud of how well they did.  Seriously, they were amazing.  

We stopped at McDonald's for a little breakfast in our pajamas. 




Thank you SO much Mumsie and Poppies for such a wonderful week at the beach!  

7 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great time and had plenty of photo opps! Your fam (immediate and extended) is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics from what sounds like a great trip! Amanda is right - your fam is the best and I wouldn't mind being adopted into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh, that water is beautiful! I can't believe how clear it is! And of course, those kiddos are pretty wonderful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great vacay!! A week at the beach?? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these pics are so adorable! I never realized how much Reid looks like your brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful trip! I love all the pictures. I am glad y'all were able to go to dinner with "the big kids" one night. I'm sure that was fun. We are going to San Antonio this weekend with Eric's family and so many things about the trip with Madison are kicking my anxiety up to a 10...lots of eating in restaurants being one of those things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great trip! Love the pics! Ps- Jay and CK are equally puzzled by telephones! :)

    ReplyDelete