Well, Alli and John's wedding weekend has come and gone! I feel like everything was such a whirlwind (I'm sure the bride would agree). Being sister of the bride/MOH and a mommy all at once requires a lot of planning and multitasking!
I sadly didn't take a lot of pictures (because of the reason above), but I will do my best to recap with what I have!
The festivities started Wednesday night when we had dinner at my mom and dad's with Thomas, Alli, John, John's parents (who had just gotten in town from Milwaukee), and my great aunt and great uncle (who had just gotten in town from Midland). This was my great aunt Fuffy and great uncle Bill's first time to meet Georgia Kate. We love them so much and love spending time with them!
Fuffy was so sweet singing Georgia on my Mind to Peachy. She has such a beautiful voice!
I sadly didn't take a lot of pictures (because of the reason above), but I will do my best to recap with what I have!
The festivities started Wednesday night when we had dinner at my mom and dad's with Thomas, Alli, John, John's parents (who had just gotten in town from Milwaukee), and my great aunt and great uncle (who had just gotten in town from Midland). This was my great aunt Fuffy and great uncle Bill's first time to meet Georgia Kate. We love them so much and love spending time with them!
Fuffy was so sweet singing Georgia on my Mind to Peachy. She has such a beautiful voice!
After dinner we worked on some last minute wedding details!
Friday started off with the Bridesmaid's Luncheon at Brookwood! My mom's dear friends gave the luncheon and it was wonderful. Something they did (that they did for mine too) is had each bridesmaid bring a charm that represented a memory with Alli. Everyone went around and shared and then the hostesses made the charms into wine glass charms for Alli! I just love this fun and creative idea!
After lunch, the bridesmaids went and got our nails done!
Next, it was time for the rehearsal!
Alli and John got married at St. Lukes United Methodist Church. Bubba and Guinny were founding members of this church and my dad grew up going there (and attending all three services every Sunday while Bubba and Guinny sang in the choir)! It is an absolutely gorgeous church and I am so happy she got married there!
After the rehearsal, we headed to Lupe Tortilla for the rehearsal dinner! Yummy! We brought Reid with us and left Georgia Kate with Chris' parents. We thought two late nights in a row might be a little much for her! Reid did a little queso hopping! I think he tried some out of every single bowl in the room!
Before we knew it, the wedding day was here!
I love this picture of the gorgeous bride seeing herself for the first time!
I just have to say how much I love Alli's friends. Some I've known for years and others I got to know a lot better this weekend, but I just love them all. They have all been amazing friends to my sister, not to mention, they are all so beautiful!!! I didn't even get a picture of Alli and me on the wedding day because everything was just so fast, but the photographer did! :)
MR. AND MRS. LODDE with the honorary ring bearer and flower girl! Reid did so well during the ceremony. He didn't make a peep! Georgia slept through the whole thing in the hallway with Chris' mom, but they were able to watch on the TV that was out there.
Here is our little family at the reception! I was so happy that both kids were able to come to the reception! We got a hotel room at the hotel next door and Chris' mom took GK back once she started getting tired. Reid lasted until about 11 and then Chris' dad took him to the hotel. I am sad I didn't get a picture of the kids with Chris' parents. They were LIFE SAVERS during the entire wedding weekend! They helped us sooo much!
Reid smelled his cupcake, but didn't ever actually eat any. He didn't know what he was missing.
Sweet boy was WORN OUT!

I also wanted to share a few of Alli's bridal portraits! They are just GORGEOUS!
Photos by C. Baron Photography
We are so happy for Alli and John! The happy couple is currently honeymooning in Thailand! We are so excited to see them in a couple of weeks and talk all about the wedding!












She's so gorgeous! Everyone looked amazing! I know it was such a special weekend for all of you!
ReplyDeleteShe was a beautiful bride!! Brings back fun memories of your wedding weekend :)
ReplyDeleteHooray! Congrats again to Alli & John. And yes, definitely brings back memories of your wedding weekend (plus the small children added in, of course)! And glad Chris's parents were such a big help- I'm sure they were life-savers indeed!
ReplyDeleteAlli looked beautiful, John looked beautiful, you, Chris, and the kiddos looked beautiful. EVERYONE looked beautiful! Glad it was a great weekend for all!
ReplyDelete