7 months is a big one for me as a mommy! My sweet baby girl is closer to a one year old than a newborn. She is such a joy and we are so thankful for her!
Georgia Kate has found a new love for the outdoors this month! We've been spending a lot of time outside the last couple of weeks and she is so happy out there! She loves to sit on her blanket with toys and loves to swing. She has started to be very interested in books. Yay! If there are toys and books around her on the floor, she almost always picks up the book. I love seeing her sweet, chubby, little hands holding onto a book! One of my favorite things that she does is hold her arms out and squeeze her hands open and shut when she gets excited. She has started blowing bubbles and thinks it's so funny. I love seeing her silly side coming out! Something new this month is that she gets very angry when we take something away that she has or wants. The face she makes is so pitiful! Reid is still her favorite person in our family. She really just adores him. I love the way she looks at him.
Things haven't changed much in the sleep department. She goes to sleep pretty easily. It's the staying asleep part that we have yet to master. She is still waking up every 2-3 hours most nights, but sometimes she will give us a longer stretch! I try not to feed her every time, but sometimes it's the only thing that will calm her down. :/ We had a couple of really rough weeks after we took the swaddle away, but that has gotten so much better. She has found her favorite sleeping position, which is on her side. I think we are moving towards two main naps (a morning and an afternoon) with a mini nap in the evening. We've had a few days like that and it worked out well, but some days she still needs 4. It really depends on the length of the naps. Thankfully she's pretty flexible…second child, bless her heart.
I feed Georgia Kate every 3-4 hours during the day (which ends up being 4-5 times) and she gets solids at dinner and sometimes at lunch. I feel like maybe we started solids a little bit too early with her. Her little tummy has had a lot of issues since starting food. We have done "finger foods" just a few times, more as an activity/entertainment than anything. She's had frozen peas (they are tiny, feel good on her gums, and are fun to play with) and puffs a couple of times. She doesn't have teeth yet, but I'm thinking they must be coming soon! Our growing girl is wearing 9-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers. I love dressing her every day. She's my own real life baby doll! Georgia's hair seems to still be on the darker side and I am really starting to see some curl! I assumed I would have another blondie, but when I used to picture a daughter, she always had curly dark hair and blue eyes! :) 

Georgia Peach, we all simply adore you!



7 months already?! Can't wrap my mind around it! Happy 7 months, GK!
ReplyDeleteI just have to say that GK is one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen!
ReplyDeleteSweet little girl- happy 7 months! I wish we could get Colby to like peas… or anything green, for that matter :) Her tummy will figure out the food in no time, I'm sure, and she'll figure out what she's been missing!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe it's been 7 months already! Sweet girl!
ReplyDelete