1. Chelsea introduced me to Too Faced No Makeup Makeup and I love it! I really don't like wearing makeup and I actually go without it a lot now (thanks to Rodan + Fields)! This little compact is so great. It comes with directions and takes about 1 minute to do. It gives your face a little boost while still looking very natural!
2. My mom asked if she could pick up Reid after school on Wednesday and take him to their house to play and have dinner. Chris picked up Saltgrass for us on his way home from work and after Georgia Kate went to bed, we got to sit down together and eat and talk. We really haven't done that in SO long. Usually it's Chris and Reid sitting together and me walking around with Georgia Kate to hold her over until bath time. It was a nice treat. Chris hates when I take pictures of him and usually just does the gig 'em sign because he doesn't know what else to do. :)
3. So, I have a little obsession with baby names. I always have. It's just so fun to think about! If this is you, I have a super fun blog to share with you! It's called Swistle Baby Names. People can write into her with their baby naming dilemmas and she analyzes it for them. You can even hire her for a private consultation. There's so much to think about when naming a baby! For some reason, when I think about girl names I always imagine what it would look like on a wedding invitation someday and when I think about boy names I imagine it being announced during a football game (not that our son(s) has to play football... that's just what I think about).
4. Another one of my favorite blogs to read (Erin from Blue Eyed Bride) wrote this post this week and I was so encouraged by it. My favorite line was when she said, "If I only hold a toddler and play board games with my preschooler all day, the day was well spent."
5. A blog post wouldn't be complete without pictures of these two little loves.
Oh, this sweet girl. I took this picture of her a couple of days ago. There's a tiny smile under that hand! She turned 4 months old today! I will get her official 4 month post up on Monday after we go to the doctor.
This one and I had a little bit of rough day yesterday. It mostly stemmed from me trying to get him to do his new breathing treatment (which never happened) and just the general fact that he's a two year old, but we had a TOUGH afternoon. Then, he snuggled up next to me on the couch and wanted to read Snuggle Puppy, which happened to be his very favorite book as a baby. It made our rough afternoon disappear.






Love this post! Of course I love reading about your babies, but since we don't get to talk often, I also love getting to read about those "other things" :)
ReplyDeleteDitto to what Allison said!
ReplyDeleteI might need to add that make-up to my list for Santa...
ReplyDeleteAlso, instead of consulting that lady could I just pay you to come up with names for the girls? I'm sick of thinking about it ;)
Love the post - the makeup thing looks awesome! And love the sweet pictures of you and your firstborn :)
ReplyDeleteAh!!! So happy to see you like the make up as much as I do! Loved the "other things" too. And that at home date night sounds absolutely perfect in my book!!
ReplyDeleteDitto to what Allison AND Courtney said! Super cute pics as always, and especially of Chris gigging it- ha! I am glad y'all had some "alone" time, and also a little bit jealous!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got a little mini date night!! Those pics of the kids are precious per usual. :)
ReplyDeleteSweet baby girl looks like Reid in that first pic!! :) Also, I am wondering what R&F products do you love? I'm interested... I started using Arbonne this year and it has done wonders for my skin.
ReplyDelete