Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thanks and Gig 'Em!

*To clarify: This is a guest post by Chris. :)

Reid was super excited to go to the Aggie game yesterday.  He is slightly obsessed with the Aggie band.  Some of his favorite things to do include watching the Aggie band on the iPad and marching around with his toy drum singing the War Hymn and The Spirit of Aggieland.

We went to the game with my parents or as Reid calls them Grandma and Grandpa.  Reid looks so grown up all of the sudden.  It also doesn't help that he stands around with his hands in his pockets like he is a big deal...well I guess he is pretty much right.


Reid with Grandma and Grandpa walking to the game.

I wanted to get a picture with Reid with Kyle Field in the background so we could have it serve as the before picture of the Kyle Field renovation.

Reid's second favorite part of the game (other than half time) was the band and corps march-in.  

 Reid is not a big fan of the sun being in his eyes so he decided to steal my hat for the rest of the game.

The lady who sits behind us told my mom sometime in the 3rd quarter that she thinks Reid had been eating the whole game.  I am not quite sure what she was talking about...

pretzels, goldfish, animal crackers, apple sauce pouch, and pop corn later

The Fightin' Texas Aggie Band!!!

Me and Johnny Football

 See you next year Kyle Field.  Enjoy the facelift.....

As if Reid had not eaten enough, he decided he wanted pancakes for dinner so of course I continued Dad's health food tour and went to Denny's

I had a great time.  It was a fun to be able to spend the day with Reid and my parents.  The Aggies held on for the win, and we got to see the band.  I know Reid won't remember it, but it will sure be fun to tell him about how he got to watch Johnny Football play!

4 comments:

  1. Great guest post, Chris! I'm wondering why you never clarified that it was you writing... just trying to keep us on our toes?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Such great memories for y'all to have together. Reid does look so big all of a sudden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIG EM! Looks like everyone had a blast!

    ReplyDelete