You know how sometimes looking at blogs and Facebook can make you feel like everyone else is perfect and has it all together? Well, I am not one of those people. :)
Being a mom of a toddler and a newborn (or just a mom is general) isn't easy. It's such a blessing and I love it, but it's not easy. I am not super woman. I can't do it all and keep it all together all the time. Something has to give. Usually it's my house.
I can't believe I'm posting these pictures, but this is what my house looked like last night. Mom, close your eyes if you are reading this! ;) This is just three rooms. The others look pretty much the same. Don't even get me started on my car...


This is what happens when you have a toddler that drags anything and everything out of closets and cabinets, a new baby that wants to be held constantly, and mom ADD that causes you to start one thing and switch to another before finishing the first. I find it nearly impossible to keep the house picked up these days because I can't follow Reid around picking up after him all day like I could before Georgia Kate was born. I'd rather hold her anyway. ;) I am thankful I have a husband that helps me pick up in the evenings. We usually do a big sweep though the house after the kids are in bed and put things back together (only to have a tornado blow through again the next day)! :)
I'm not sure what the point of this post is other than for me to remember life with two young children (and maybe make someone reading this feel better)! :)
I'm not sure what the point of this post is other than for me to remember life with two young children (and maybe make someone reading this feel better)! :)

Preach it sister! And don't sweat it- life will resume normalcy very soon- I promise! This, too, is just a phase. Soon GK will be happy to play on her own for a bit. You'll make it through! Xoxo
ReplyDeleteFor the record, as the neat freak that you know me to be, I just have to say I think those messes could definitely be worse... not that they don't give me a little anxiety ;) dear Lord, please help me to let some of that stuff go when Avery gets here!
ReplyDeleteI've noticed that apparently OCD and parenting don't mix... who knew?
ReplyDelete(c: Ummm...my house still looks like this and Levi is almost 2! Then again, I'd rather have messy counters and fingerprints everywhere if it means more snuggles and giggles. My time is limited with them to just a couple of hours a day, so I soak it up!!
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I love your kitchen! It's beautiful. Secondly, I (like Amanda) have learned the hard way that OCD and parenting don't mix. Sigh. I'm still learning to let a lot of things go. Good for you for enjoying the present and not getting too caught up in stuff that truly doesn't matter. :)
ReplyDeleteGIRL, I'm with ya, I LOVE it but it's HARD. I totally recommend the book Desperate, by Sarah Mae. It's taken me almost 4 months to read this tiny book but I really don't want it to end. You are not alone. Intentional Mama not Super(ficial) Mama!! You got this!
ReplyDelete