Sunday, September 18, 2011

weekend and worries

We had a fun weekend! Chris went to a men's retreat with our church, so Reid, Chloie, Annabelle, and I all packed up and headed to Mumsie and Popsie's house! We spent Friday night and Saturday night there and had a relaxing, low key weekend. It was cloudy and a little drizzly (shocking!) so we hung out inside all weekend. It was so nice. Reid did great being away from home. He's just so laid back. I love it! We think he was feeling a little under the weather. Luckily he didn't have a fever, but he sounded congested. Guinny came over on Saturday and we loved seeing her! Daddy and Reid were happy to see each other this morning! :)Today I was thinking about a couple of silly things that I worried about before Reid was born. I worried about pretty much everything, but these particular things turned out to be perfectly fine and looking back, I shouldn't have spent so much time stressing about them! The first is the dogs. I was convinced that they would either hate the baby, hate us for bringing a baby home, and/or be too much to handle along with a baby. They have done better than I could have ever imagined. Yes, Annabelle smothers Reid with kisses pretty much every chance she gets and yes, it is slightly annoying, but I am so glad that she loves him! Chloie ignores him for the most part. I am sooo relieved with how well they have done! I also worried A LOT about not getting sleep. I have always been someone that requires a good amount of sleep, which may have something to do with the fact that I spent 8 hours a day with 22 kids for the last 6 years. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to function without sleep. It has been much easier than I thought! Reid still wakes up at least twice a night, but I secretly kind of like it. I love that special time that we get together and I think I will miss it when he actually does sleep through the night.

Finally, on a totally unrelated thought, I am so over this shedding thing. It is driving me absolutely insane. I can't even believe I have any hair left on my head.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say those were my 2 biggest worries, too! Although at times I DO think my dogs are too much to handle... but I just tell myself they will be best buds with Davis as he gets older, and they can bug him instead of me :) Also, TOTALLY agree with you on being over the shedding. It almost makes me angry! As if being pregnant for 9 months and having a baby isn't enough punishment for our bodies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so very much! My husband and I plan on having little ones within the next few years and these are definitely the two biggest fears I have. We have two dogs and I have always been one who needs 8 hours of sleep! I'm not sure how the dogs will react to a new little guy or girl. And I'm sooooo afraid of not being able to function without sleep! It makes me feel better that someone else had the same fears...and everything turned out okay! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete