Reid just rolled over from back to tummy for the first time a couple of days ago and hasn't done it since. He's "talking" and smiling so much! I absolutely love it! He is also starting to giggle every now and then. So fun! He's discovered his foot this month and thinks it's the greatest thing ever! We also have a thumb sucker as of last week. He's starting to be able to intentionally put things into his mouth. He's drooling a TON, so I won't be surprised if we have a tooth soon! How is he old enough to already be getting a tooth? :( He is still enjoying the same awake time activities as last month in addition to his jumperoo! We put it together a couple of nights ago and I think he really likes it! His feet don't quite touch the ground yet. We've also been going on morning walks a few days a week now that it's cooling off a little bit! He's just the sweetest, happiest, most easy going baby. I fall more in love with him every day.
It took me all morning to write this post. Our morning was absolutely crazy and I just have to laugh! Reid woke up from his nap after about 20 minutes (when I started writing) crying. He never wakes up from naps crying! I rocked him and tried to feed him and he just screamed for about 30 minutes. While I was trying to calm him down, the doorbell rang 3 times in a row, the dogs started howling, and the phone was ringing all simultaneously. We are changing alarm companies and the man was here to install our new one. He was supposed to come yesterday and instead showed up today so I wasn't prepared for a visitor. I am sure he thought I was a complete nutcase. I had to put Reid in the swing (still screaming, poor baby) so I could chase our maniac dogs around the house to put them away. I managed to catch Chloie and just gave up on Annabelle. She was following him around trying to lick him. I apologized profusely for the house being a disaster, my dog chasing him, and my baby screaming. He was really sweet and said "I have a two year old, just wait." That's always encouraging! :) Reid is really good so mornings like today get me a little frazzled. My father in law came over to help me while the alarm guy finished up. I love having family so close! :) Some days I just feel like such a typical clueless new mom! The songs "Just Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Vassar, "It Won't Be Like This For Long" by Darius Rucker, and "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins all describe how I feel today. I cherish every single day.
Love this post and your honesty!! =) Reid is ADORABLE!! I just want to squeeze those sweet cheeks!
ReplyDelete