I am really liking the adorable and funny new show called "Up All Night"! It's pretty cute! Chris and I have nothing in common with the couple on the show other than the fact that we both have babies. UP ALL NIGHT is what we were last night. :) It all started yesterday morning. I went in to get Reid up for the day and to my surprise, he was on his tummy! I think he had just rolled over before I went in there because I heard him squealing in the monitor! :) I was beginning to think that he was never going to roll over. Well, apparently he figured it out. We had still been swaddling him with the Miracle Blanket, but were in the process of phasing it out. We were down to only swaddling one arm and leaving his legs and other arm out. I was worried when I saw that he was on his tummy because the swaddle had gotten twisted weirdly around him in the process of rolling over. I decided yesterday that if he was going to be rolling around now, we would stop swaddling and use a wearable blanket instead. It worked well for his naps yesterday and he ended up not even rolling over at all during his naps. He did it a few times while we were playing though. So last night we put him to bed in the wearable blanket. He slept for about 4 hours. Normally he goes 5 hours before waking up the first time. It made me wonder if he didn't feel secure without the swaddle. I went in his room, fed and rocked him and then put him back down. Well, he thought it was play time and spent the next 30 minutes smiling and trying to roll over. I stood there watching for a while and eventually helped him onto his tummy to see if he would sleep. He immediately went to sleep so I decided to try letting him sleep that way. I went back to bed and laid awake for about 2 hours because I was worried! I know plenty of babies sleep on their tummies, but he never has so it made me nervous. I went in to check on him a couple of times and then I finally went to sleep. I had only been asleep for around an hour and a half when Reid decided it was time to wake up again! This time after I fed him and rocked him, I went ahead and just put him on his tummy to try to avoid him spending time attempting to roll onto it. Well, this time he wanted nothing to do with it. He started grunting and holding his neck up. I flipped him over to his back and he started attempting to roll over again. After standing by his crib half asleep contemplating what to do, I decided to swaddle him in the Miracle Blanket with both arms this time, hoping it would keep him from wiggling around and trying to roll. It worked and he went to sleep on his back until about 8 this morning. I guess we are back tracking on the swaddle thing. I think once he is able to roll over without 30 minutes of effort first, I will stop swaddling and just let him roll around until he's comfortable. Being a mom is really confusing sometimes/all the time. I am sure this little synopsis didn't make any sense because I am sleep deprived. :) Even on tough nights I am so thankful for the gift of mommyhood.
Sounds like a fun night :) Davis still hasn't rolled from back to stomach yet! He rolled from stomach to back around 2 and a half months, probably because he hates being on his stomach so badly... hope he isn't developmentally "behind"!
ReplyDelete