I feel like I've looked at him lately and thought so many times, "He just seems so grown up." He often prefers to take showers instead of baths and is basically done with naps. Those are two very grown up things! :)
He is starting to say to us some of the things we say to him. That's pretty humbling! ;) The two we hear most often are, "Mommy, I have a job for you!" and "Daddy, I'm trying to ask you a question!"
When Chris was out of town the last couple of times, Reid really took on the job of our caretaker. It was so sweet! He was all of sudden very interested in helping with things that he usually isn't interested in helping with and he kept saying, "Mommy I will take care of that!"
He still loves school, which I am so thankful for, but he's going through a little phase of not wanting to be separated from me. I hate seeing him cry, but I know it's just a phase.
He definitely has some quirks (don't we all?)! One of these quirks is that he is OBSESSED with left and right, which is so random. He's constantly asking, "Is that the left one?" or saying, "I want the one on the right!" He is also very protective of his favorites. His favorite animal is an elephant and nobody else is allowed to like elephants. The same goes for firetrucks and the color purple.
His favorite show is Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. It's really the only show that he ever wants to watch or will sit through.
He loves to joke with me and make me laugh! I love it too. :)
Although the sibling rivalry is in full swing, I often catch Reid watching Georgia Kate in such an adoring way. It's precious. He may not admit it, but I'm pretty sure he thinks she's adorable and funny!
Reid's love for music continues to grow. We've started listening to Christmas music in the car. On certain songs he will listen and start shouting out when he hears a certain instrument or the instrument changes. It's actually quite impressive!
One of the things that I love most about Reid is that he is such a joyful child. It's something that others notice and comment on a lot and I have to agree with them. It's such a blessing to be around someone that is (usually) so happy!
I am so proud to be Reid's mommy!

He is so darn cute! And I love how much he loves music... I can totally see him leading the Aggie band one day :)
ReplyDeleteAnd lastly: "nobody else is allowed to like elephants" = kids are crazy :)
I sure wish we lived closer so our guys could be better buddies - they have a lot in common! Happy belated half birthday, Reid! :)
ReplyDeleteSweet post! He is such a handsome boy and I love "watching" him grow up.
ReplyDeleteSo cute. And love the whole left and right obsession. So adorable!
ReplyDeleteSweet boy! I love all these fun facts about him! :)
ReplyDeleteThree and a half really is a fun and frustrating age!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter Rachel turns that on Wednesday and the other day when I was frustrated with something she told me, "Mommy, things don't always go your way." I had to laugh! It really is humbling though.