Friday, November 7, 2014

Just what the doctor ordered.

We have had a week of sickness at our house.  It started on Saturday morning when Reid woke up with  a fever and major coughing attacks and it all snowballed from there.  Between Saturday and today we've been to the doctor 3 times.  Both kids have ear infections and are just fighting off general viruses.    We've been so lucky up until now that our kids have stayed pretty healthy.  I knew once he started preschool that we would deal with more sickness.  It just comes with the territory.  Although I hate to see my babies sick, I've really enjoyed a week at home.  I was just telling Chris that I feel we've gotten way too busy.  I had been craving time at home with my kids and that's what I got.

We've been doing a lot of snuggling...
breathing treatments...
going to the doctor...
more breathing treatments...
stickers...
playing in the playroom...
having some meltdowns because we don't feel good and sometimes you just need to cry...
and more breathing treatments.

I am always so thankful for my children's health, but when they do get sick, it makes me even more thankful that they are generally healthy.  It is such a privilege and blessing to get to take care of these sweeties.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely not glad both kiddos were down for the count this week, but glad it gave all of you a good break from the busyness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those pictures of my boy with the breathing treatments....poor boy! Hopefully they are doing the trick, I need to see him next week! On a positive note, at least you got to see our best friend, Dr. T, a lot this week! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor babies and poor mommy :( Hope they feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. . . poor things! I hope they are feeling better today and kick this sickness quickly! (Sick babies are no fun but man. . . those cuddles are the best!)

    ReplyDelete