Halloween has never been my favorite holiday, but it sure is fun to put the kids in cute costumes and take a million pictures! Reid's school had Nursery Rhyme Day on Thursday so I decided we would just do the same costume on Thursday and for Halloween on Friday. He was going to be Farmer in the Dell because it was cute, simple, and easy. Well, on Thursday morning before school, Reid told me that he didn't like costumes and wasn't going to wear it. I was not at all surprised so I decided not to force the issue and just let him go to school in regular clothes. Parents were invited to spend time with the classes while they did their nursery rhyme day activities. I LOVED it! It was fun to get to know some of the kids in his class and see how he acted in a school setting. I was hoping he would dress up to trick or treat on Friday, but it wasn't going to happen. The funny thing is that according to my mom, I was exactly like this at his age. I see so much of my personality in him.
Georgia Kate on the other hand, loved wearing her poodle costume and she looked absolutely adorable!
Reid finally decided to come outside and he was wearing these red sunglasses that light up. He was so proud! Chris brought them back for him from Vegas Thursday night. So the boy who didn't want to draw attention to himself by wearing a costume decided to trick or treat in light up sunglasses. Whatever! :)
We went to about 5 houses and they were happy! Reid thought it was SO fun and Georgia Kate caught on to the whole concept pretty quickly!
Checking out her loot…
We have a tradition that our families come over and see the kids in their costumes and have pizza. We all had a great time!
This picture is actually from Saturday morning, but I just thought our little Peach looked so cute!
Despite being completely fine on Friday, Reid woke up Saturday morning with a fever and has been pretty miserable all weekend. He's mostly stayed in our bed and watched TV and slept. Poor baby! :(
I'm hoping everyone gets and stays healthy so we can enjoy the beautiful November weather this week!




You've got a stubborn one there, but it will make for good stories when he's older and has stubborn kids of his own ;) glad you didn't let the costume refusal put a damper on your day with the kiddos (like I probably would have). Hope Reid is feeling better ASAP!!
ReplyDeleteToo funny about Reid- at least GK dressed up (and looked super cute)! I'm sure that will swap one day and he will be cooperative while she won't :)
ReplyDeleteHope Reid feels better soon!!
GK looked so adorable in her poodle costume!! I need to keep that costume idea in the back of my mind for next year. . . too cute!
ReplyDeleteFeel better soon, Reid! :(
I hardly ever wore Halloween costumes either:). He's so cute and I love his personality!! And GK looks like she stepped out of a kids' magazine! She's beautiful! I'm partial to poodle costumes;)!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete