Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weekend of fun!

We had a fun family weekend!  Friday was slightly overcast most of the day, so the kids and I were able to do some "summery" things (you know, now that summer is over) without completely melting.  

We met some friends at a splash pad in the morning and both kids LOVED it!  We hadn't been to one all summer and I'm glad we were able to finally squeeze in a trip. 


After naps, we went on a walk to the park, which is something we haven't done in a couple of months because again, it's so ridiculously hot.  Are you noticing a theme?  Houston is hot and even though I've lived here my whole life, I will continue to complain about it until it cools off. :) 


We came back from the park and enjoyed some frozen blueberries on the back porch!  I just think babies eating blueberries and getting all messy is so cute, so I had a little photo shoot with Georgia Kate.  I did the same thing with Reid when he was a baby. :) 





My green eyed boy...
And for fun, this is Reid when he was about Georgia's age.  Look at that face!
We needed to clean off with some water table fun!

After dinner we went to get snow cones!





    

On Saturday, Chris and Reid went to College Station for the game and Georgia Kate and I hung out with my parents for a little while.  

Couldn't get one picture with them both looking at the camera! ;)

This girl is always on the move, so it's getting harder and harder to get a non blurry picture of her!  This dress is a size 3 month!  She wore it last season when she was just a tiny newborn and I cannot believe she can still wear it!  Mumsie whipped up a pair of bloomers and we were set for another football season!  Whoop!
Reid didn't last long at the game (as in he was ready to leave before the game started), but it ended up working out for the best because there was a 2 hour rain delay!  Crazy!  They made it home in time for Chris to watch the whole thing on TV.
I just love this picture of Georgia giving her baby a bottle (in the forehead). ;)
This morning we had a nice little cooperative photo shoot before church. ;) The good news is that Georgia Kate did so well in the nursery!  Yay! 

 We ended the weekend by going to see Alli and John at their new house!  Their house is great and we had a fun visit!

We are looking forward to a great week!  Ibloom starts back for me tomorrow morning and Reid will be back for week 2 of school on Tuesday and Thursday! :) 

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have minded trading weekends with you! :) Glad you guys had a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! And I am all about doing summer activities in less disgustingly hot weather… just wish the pools would stay open a little later to accommodate that! Also, I really want the twins to have a snow cone but haven't done it yet- I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious that they were home in time to watch the entire game on TV!!

    And like you I have lived in Houston for the good majority of my life and goodness I'm still waiting on some cooler weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE! Reid looks EXACTLY as he did 2 years ago, and these pictures make it even more evident that Reid and Georgia Kate look nothing alike. Y'all are so good about doing fun activities with the kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these pictures - Lily feeds her baby in the ear. Silly girls :)

    ReplyDelete