I love the fourth of July! Summer, swimming, red, white, and blue… there's so much to love!
I love anything with my kids' handprints or footprints on it, so I decided to make a little craft that I saw on another blog. It was so easy and Reid had so much fun! I know I will love bringing these flags out every year.
One of my favorite things is seeing children dressed in patriotic clothes! I just love it!
We spent the day at Mumsie and Poppies' house eating burgers and homemade ice cream and swimming!
Can you even handle the sweetness?
Poor Reid has never seen real fireworks. Next year we WILL do it! We knew Georgia Kate wouldn't last if we tried to go watch fireworks, so we got some poppers and sparklers to do in my parents' backyard before we headed home. Reid preferred to hold his unlit. ;)
Chris and Thomas enjoyed them.
Today we decided to take a spontaneous day trip to College Station with the kids! You never really know how things like this will go, but I'm happy to report that we had such a fun day!! Chris has been stalking the new stadium online really excited about the new stadium, so after lunch at Blue Baker (my fave) that was our first stop! We loaded the kids up in the double stroller and walked all around campus. It was so much fun!
For those of you that are interested in this sort of thing, here is the student side...
The new south end zone...
Here is what will be the largest scoreboard in college football...
We had to take a picture of our precious little Aggie Band fan on the Quad.
Want to make yourself feel really old? Take your children to the place you lived THIRTEEN YEARS ago.
College Station really does feel like our home away from home. We love going there and it was so fun to bring the kids!


Looks like a fun 4th and a fun impromptu trip to Aggieland! I might not tell Brian about it because he would be really jealous- ha!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect weekend to me! And I loooove seeing pics of everyone in their red, white, and blue too!!
ReplyDelete13 years?! That is nuts and I don't want to think about it! But I'm glad y'all had a good 4th and a fun time in the BCS :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun little spontaneous trip! I want to be more spontaneous like this!!
ReplyDelete