Friday, February 14, 2014

My Loves

Valentine's Day started off with Chris and I heading to the hospital at 6:30 this morning so I could have a little procedure done on my leg.  I had three small cyst-type things removed.  It wasn't anything major, but I did have to be put under.  I actually thoroughly enjoyed my hour-ish of surgery/recovery.  It was by far the best sleep I've gotten in over 6 months!! :) 

Since I knew I was going to be doing that this morning, I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day with my babies yesterday.  We went to Panera for breakfast, which is something that Reid and I used to do sometimes when it was just us, but we hadn't done since Peachy was born.   I vividly remember a time we went to Panera last summer, just a couple of days before Georgia Kate was born.  There was a mom with two young kids sitting next to us, and I just kept thinking how I would NEVER be able to take two kids anywhere on my own.  Well, there I was yesterday, in Panera with my two babies! :) 

The weather has been AMAZING, so we spent a lot of time outside yesterday.  I just love this picture of Georgia.  She was in the swing and looking up at Reid at the top of the slide.  He can do no wrong in her eyes.  
I wanted to let Reid make something for Daddy and his grandparents.  First we made cards.  I just bent a toilet paper roll into a heart shape and he used it as a stamp.  
Next, we made cookies for everyone!  Reid LOVES to help cook.  Cooking/Baking is full of great lessons for kids!  Hygiene (washing hands before we start), measuring, patience, teamwork… the list could go on!   

 I felt pretty good by this evening, so we loaded up the kids and had a family Valentine's dinner at Alicia's!  
 This is the best sibling picture we got.  



Chris and I aren't big gift people with each other (really for any holiday, but especially Valentine's Day), but it is fun to do little things for the kids!  I picked out a new book and a small toy for each of them and Chris picked something out for each of them.  He got Georgia this little puppy and I loved what he got Reid… chapstick.  It was actually very thoughtful!  Reid loves chapstick, but he seems to have trouble with the concept that chapstick goes on your lips.  Last week in the car I turned around and he had my favorite chapstick (eos) and was rubbing it all over the bottom of his FOOT!  Ew.  So now he has his own. ;)



Happy Heart Day!

We are looking forward to a weekend of beautiful weather and not a single thing on the calendar!!!

3 comments:

  1. You should frame that pic of GK in the swing. So adorable!

    Happy belated Valentines Day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great V Day, even with the surgery because it gave you some extra rest! Also, I like the baking cookies sans pants - I do that all the time, too.

    ReplyDelete