Thursday, February 27, 2014

5 Random Thursday Thoughts

1.  I know a lot of people won't understand this, but I actually miss shopping for baby boy clothes.  Girl clothes are SO fun obviously, but I also really loved shopping for a baby boy.  Kids' clothes are kind of a hobby of mine (and my mom's) and I miss the challenge of finding cute baby boy clothes.  The girl clothes are just so available.  Reid is starting to transition into more of a big boy wardrobe instead of a baby/toddler wardrobe.  I really don't like it!  I like for my babies to look like babies and not mini adults.  That's totally just my own personal preference.  I'm having a hard time seeing him in bluejeans and khaki pants and polos.  I am still planning to squeeze in some John-Johns this summer, but the transition has started.  The thing about boys is that they will wear the same type of clothes from the age of 4 until 84.  There's not a lot of variety.  I like to enjoy dressing him and having fun with it while I can.  Who knows… maybe I will get to dress another baby boy someday! :)

2.  Over the last couple of weeks I have run into a few of my former students that are now in HIGH SCHOOL.  One was my checker at Target.  They are still little 7 year olds in my mind.  While this does make me feel old, more than anything, it makes me sad because time FLIES.  My baby boy is going to be 3 in a couple of months and I cannot believe it.  I blinked and the sweet girl whose shoes I used to help tie is now working at Target saving up for her first car, just like I blinked and my firstborn is now wearing polos. :(

3.  I feel that it is safe to say that we have already successfully brainwashed our son at the age of almost three.  He critiqued my "whoop" the other day (after singing the war hymn of course).  I believe his exact words were, "No Mommy!  You do it like this!" (as he showed me a whoop that would rival that of a yell leader).

4.  This is really pathetic, but I was thinking the other day how I am going to count my 18 trips up and down the stairs in the middle of the night as exercise because it's twice as much work to walk up stairs when you are half asleep. :)

5.  Georgia Kate's nursery is pretty much the same as Reid's was, but I have finally added a few things to make it more specific to her!  The items I added are in ballet pink/peachy pink tones.

The colors look a little off in these pictures and everything looks crooked because I didn't pay attention when I was taking the pictures…

I love this beautiful canvas from oopsydaisy.com!  Of course Georgia Kate can do whatever her heart desires when she gets older, but I sure would love it if she chose dance! :) I think this is something that can transition to her big girl room someday.  
 This monogram is actually painted "ballet pink", but the color looks weird in this picture.  The teddy bear was made from my grandmother's mink coat.  Reid has one too.
 I thought this print was so cute and the color scheme matched well!  Our Georgia Peach needed it in her room! 
 
 This is all from Reid's nursery.  I shouldn't call it Reid's nursery though.  When I designed this room before he was born, I did so with all of our babies in mind. :)  
Of course we had to add a bow holder in her bathroom!  This is actually about half of her bows.  The rest are in a bag in the cabinet.  I will need to get or make another one soon!
 The sign that was on our front door when we came home from the hospital now hangs on her nursery door!

Do you see the curl on the top of her head?!  I am SO excited about this!  

Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. Love the Thursday thoughts!!! I cannot believe Reid is so grownup!! GK is beautiful, I'm loving that curl!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!! <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 makes ME feel old, and I wasn't even her teacher! That is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! My favorite was seeing the nursery. It is SO gorgeous and absolutely timeless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think baby clothes are cute but I also think it's cute to see babies looking like mini-adults, so I guess that makes me versatile in the dressing-babies department, ha!

    And love that canvas- even though I'm (obviously) not a dancer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her nursery! And love the random thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, any number of trips up and down the stairs in the middle of night (or anytime!) count as exercise in my book!

    Love the nursery pics. . . esp the monogram. . . so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not alone in missing shopping for baby boy clothes. I'm just not ready for all of it to turn into tshirts and shorts and anything football. I'm going to cherish the rest of this short time I have to dress Carter as a "baby."

    ReplyDelete