Sunday, September 1, 2013

My boy lately...

Oh how I love this kid.  Here are some things about my boy at 27 months that I want to remember.


He loves to dance and has some pretty awesome moves.

He is very particular about how we play and if I don't do something exactly how he wants it done he screams, "NO MOMMY PLAAAAAY!" (He also says, "No Mommy help!"and "No Mommy sing!")

He says "woa!" and "cool".  Um, what?!

He is such a happy boy and has the best laugh!

He loves tunnels and bridges.  He loves building them and also going under and over them in real life.

He also loves construction vehicles.  Lucky for him, we live in a new neighborhood so they are everywhere!

He is really into getting "big muscles like Poppies", so we use that to get him to eat certain things.

He is very sensitive and concerned with others.  If he sees someone get hurt or sad, he worries about them and talks about it for days.

He uses a really high pitched voice when he is talking about Georgia.  It's the funniest thing!

He always says, "That's sad" when he breaks something on purpose.

At least once a day he says, "Georgia Kate bye bye!" and I say, "No, she's going to live at our house forever!"  Then he says, "YAAAY!" in his high pitched voice.

He tells himself "Good job!" all the time.  At least he's not lacking confidence?

He is so sweet and says sorry to everyone and everything.  He says sorry to the table if he bumps into it, Georgia Kate's pacifier if he drops it, anything.  It's so funny!  He also said "sorry baby" to me the other day because I say that to him.  Haha!

He is sooo independent, which is fun to see but can also be extremely frustrating.  He is also quite the negotiator these days.

He can make such a huge mess in such a short amount of time.  I know it's probably very typical of this age, but my goodness.  I can't keep up, especially with a baby!

He's starting to say prayers on his own.  Mostly he tells God thank you for people and things (last night he thanked God for hot dogs).

He's started saying "big ole" for everything!  "Reid has big ole feet!  Reid saw a big ole frog!"

One of my very favorite things is that he kisses by making the "ch" sound!



I feel like he seems more and more grown up every single day!  I am amazed at what he's saying and learning.  This age is so much fun!  


3 comments:

  1. Ha, I think my favorite is saying "that's sad" when he breaks something! And I wish he would pass on some of that sensitivity/empathy for other people when they are hurt or sad to my kid ;) lately he has been talking excitedly throughout the day about people he hit recently!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, a lot of these made me laugh! I sometimes forget that babies/toddlers are little HUMANS and so it surprises me when they do stuff like this.

    Sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete