Disclaimer:
This will be super boring to anyone except me and I'm going to scribble it down in about 5 minutes so it may not make sense. ;)
I feel like in the last week or so we've settled into our own little semi-predictable routine. I like that. I know that with babies routines are very loose and change every couple of weeks it seems, but for now, this is what our days are looking like!
Georgia Kate wakes up for the day between 7 and 7:30. I feed her, change her diaper, etc. before going upstairs to get Reid. Reid starts waking up anywhere between 7:15 and 8:00 but I'm thankful that he stays in bed happily until I'm done with Georgia Kate. Our mornings seem to start off better if I can take care of her before getting him up.
The three of us play upstairs for a little while and then come down for breakfast. Georgia Kate goes into her "pocket" at this point and sleeps for a while. Sometimes we will eat breakfast while watching Thomas and Friends and sometimes we will take it out on the back porch. After Reid eats we just hang around downstairs. We play on the porch for a while or play in the living room... He loves to do stickers (his new obsession) and play with play-dough. At some point we change him into his clothes for the day.
Georgia Kate eats again around 10. One of the trickier things about two kids is keeping the toddler entertained while feeding the baby. We are working on patience. :) After I feed GK, I change her out of her pajamas and it's time for me to "get ready" (this term is used loosely). Georgia Kate lays in the Boppy lounger or under her playmat while I get ready and Reid is usually playing with the water faucet on the bathtub resulting in soaking wet clothes. Once we are all ready, we try to go on some kind of outing. A couple of times we've gone to Target, today we went to the park, but usually we just drive around or drive through Chick-fil-a for lunch. I'm ashamed to admit how many times we've had Chick-fil-a for lunch over the last few weeks.
After our morning outing, we come home to eat lunch and play. Georgia Kate usually falls asleep in the car, so she sometimes finishes her nap in her carseat in the house or gets back in the pocket if she's fussing. She wakes up and is ready to eat between 12:30 and 1:00.
Reid goes down for his nap around 1:30 and then I get some one on one time with Georgia. It's fun getting to focus on just her for a little while. I've starting putting her in the rock n play at this time of the day to try to let her get in an actual nap. Sometimes she sleeps, sometimes she doesn't. If she does, I have been trying to squeeze in a little cat nap for myself!
Reid wakes up about 3:00 and we go up to get him. It's usually time for Georgia to eat again so I feed her while Reid plays. We spend the next few hours before Chris gets home playing and trying not to destroy the whole house. ;) This is usually the most challenging time of the day.
Chris gets home around 6:00 (today he got home at 5:30 - YAY!). We have been so blessed not have have to cook yet. So many wonderful friends and family members have been bringing meals and now we are eating frozen meals that we prepared before GK was born. Before we ate dinner tonight, I fed Georgia Kate at 5:45 while Reid and Chris played for a few minutes. Usually Chris and Reid eat and I walk around with Georgia and then I eat later that night, but tonight she let us put her down in her Boppy pillow for a few minutes on the table, so we all sat down together!
Reid wakes up about 3:00 and we go up to get him. It's usually time for Georgia to eat again so I feed her while Reid plays. We spend the next few hours before Chris gets home playing and trying not to destroy the whole house. ;) This is usually the most challenging time of the day.
Chris gets home around 6:00 (today he got home at 5:30 - YAY!). We have been so blessed not have have to cook yet. So many wonderful friends and family members have been bringing meals and now we are eating frozen meals that we prepared before GK was born. Before we ate dinner tonight, I fed Georgia Kate at 5:45 while Reid and Chris played for a few minutes. Usually Chris and Reid eat and I walk around with Georgia and then I eat later that night, but tonight she let us put her down in her Boppy pillow for a few minutes on the table, so we all sat down together!
The rest of the evening has been really up in the air and Georgia Kate was having a very hard time going to bed. It was taking close to two hours to get her to sleep...poor baby just couldn't settle down. Tonight we tweaked things a little bit. So far, so good! We tried really hard and kept her awake from 5:45 to about 7:15. At 7:15 I gave her a bath, which calmed her down and relaxed her. We have been doing a bottle in the evening so that Chris can spend that time with her. Chris gave her the bottle at 7:30 and she fell straight to sleep by 7:45. She has been getting up to eat around 1:30 and 4:30, but that may change with the new evening routine.
Now I am off to help with Reid's bath and bedtime! Well, that's what life is looking like right now and I wouldn't change a thing! This is such a special time as we settle into life as a family of four and I want to remember what it was like. :)
Just a couple of random pictures from the park today...


Hope I can be as laid back as you sound about this transition when my time comes :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great (albeit tiring) routine to me! And no judgement about CFA... you do what you have to do to survive :)
ReplyDeleteI read the whole thing! I love hearing all about people's days...
ReplyDeleteYou make it seem so easy! Haha! I kinda worry (ok not worry, just wonder) about keeping a toddler entertained while tending to newborn feedings.
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally agree - that 30 min difference in time that daddy gets home some days is HEAVEN!
Oh and I eat chickfila way to much and have no excuse. :)