Our beautiful baby girl has been in our lives for a month now and we couldn't imagine life without her! She is truly the perfect addition to our family and we love everything about her. I love the way she puckers her little lips out like Reid used to do, the way she raises her eyebrows and wrinkles her forehead when I pick her up, her long skinny feet and toes, and the way she holds her hand out in front of her face when she's being bothered. We've gotten a few real smiles (we think)! She smiled at me for the first time on Sunday. There's just nothing like your baby smiling at you.
One thing (among many) that I have learned is that every baby is different. Overall, Georgia Kate is a pretty calm baby, but this girl definitely has her own set of preferences! Our Princess Peach (other nicknames include Peachy and GK) LOVES to be held and snuggled and usually only by Mommy. She is the BEST cuddler! I got an Ergo Carrier (Reid calls it her "pocket") and it has been an awesome and completely necessary purchase! She loves it and it allows me to play and take care of Reid while still feeling close to her. She's not impressed with the play mat, swing, or bouncer. Sometimes I can put her down in one of those for a couple of minutes, but she gets over it really fast. Georgia Kate's eating and sleeping are pretty typical of any one month old. Right now I just feed her when she's hungry, which is usually every 2 hours, and she sleeps whenever she's tired. She's definitely a sleepy eater, so she's eating more frequently right now. At night Georgia Kate sleeps swaddled in her swaddle pod in the rock 'n play next to our bed. This was something I had heard a lot about and when she wouldn't sleep in the pack 'n play, we decided to try it out. We are having a hard time getting her to settle into bed at night, but she's usually pretty good about going back to sleep after middle of the night feedings. She really just started having a little more "awake time" the last few days. This girl loves her beauty rest. We finally get to see her eyes sometimes! She has beautiful eyes, just like her brother and daddy! I can't wait to see if they will stay blue or turn brown like mine. Georgia Kate loves bath time and it really seems to relax her. Nothing compares to a clean, snuggly baby! We are not on any kind of predictable routine whatsoever yet, but I'm okay with that. It's a lot more challenging to get on a schedule when there is a toddler involved too and honestly, it's just not that important to me like it was the first time around. I know now that we will settle into a routine eventually.
Georgia Kate is wearing mostly newborn and 0-3 month gowns and pajamas and size 1 diapers. We've had so much fun playing dress up! My mom kept a lot of mine and my sister's dresses and bubbles from when we were babies. The one in these pictures was mine!
It's been a month of lots of visitors and time with family, lots of learning, lots of loving, and lots of memories.
Georgia Kate, we absolutely adore you and are so thankful that God gave us YOU one month ago!
Sidenote: I turned 30 today! It's fun to get to share the 22nd of the month with GK! :)
Georgia Kate, we absolutely adore you and are so thankful that God gave us YOU one month ago!
Sidenote: I turned 30 today! It's fun to get to share the 22nd of the month with GK! :)



Happy 1 month, sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 month to GK and happy 360 months to you!! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 30th birthday!!
ReplyDeleteGK is PRECIOUS!