Friday, July 5, 2013

Summer Fun

We've had a fun and relaxing summer so far!  We have been spending lots of time in the pool, eating lots of frozen yogurt, snowcones (Reid calls them "icees") and popsicles, and getting things ready for Baby!  I know that the second half of the summer is going to involve a lot of hibernating in the house, so I've tried to give Reid a good dose of summer fun while I can! :)


 He was so excited about his "special treat" (a cherry limeade from Sonic)! 








 Reid is obsessed with fire trucks right now, so we went to visit the fire station with some friends!  




 Just a few cute "posing" pictures of our silly boy...


        
Reid has really gotten opinionated about his clothes lately.  Luckily, he loves all of the clothes that his Mumsie makes for him and usually wants to wear those.  She made him this new jon-jon (it has little cars on it), and when he put it on that morning he said, "Show Annabelle new outfit!".  He was so proud of it!  Later that day we were driving to go swim with his sweet friend Clara, and the whole way there he kept saying, "Show Clara new outfit!"  I thought it was so funny!  Chris isn't sure how he feels about Reid using the word outfit.  
Reid has figured out the camera on my phone and took his first "selfie". :)
 
 Yesterday we went over to my parents' house for the fourth.  We hung out in the pool and ate too much yummy food.  We wanted to take Reid to see fireworks, but we were all three really tired.  We decided to find some fireworks shows on youtube and let him watch those!  Isn't that pitiful?  I promise to take him next year when I'm not 9 1/2 months pregnant! :) 

He's getting pretty brave in the pool!  He has so much fun playing with Poppies!  


Happy Weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. Great pics! Glad y'all are soaking up your last few weeks as a family of 3!!!

    P.S. Love that Chris doesn't approve of the word "outfit" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics as always- looks like you're enjoying the summer for sure! We went to Academy to get a basic baby pool with the babies in tow and a salesperson (seeing how little the babies were) suggested we get the one y'all got with the slide... I'm sure Colby and Clara would really master the act of sliding at 3 months! Ha! Oh, and Reid's selfie made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you caught a picture of my boys giving Reid the side eye...guess it goes both ways in their friendship :)

    ReplyDelete