Monday, July 8, 2013

Big Boy Room and Nursery

I was really excited to do a "big boy room" for Reid, since our nursery was gender neutral.  It took me a while to decide the direction I wanted to go.  I wanted it to be something that could grow with him for years and not be too "themey", but also age appropriate and fun for him.  I will probably add some things as time goes on, but I am really happy with how it turned out!

My starting off point was this canvas print that I loved called Seaside Train Ride.  From there his room sort of turned into a mixture of all-american/nautical/trains. :) 
The curtain is white with navy trim and it has black out lining, so I close it during his nap and at night.  
A close up of what is on the navy shelves above the dresser...
The bear was also in his nursery.  My mom had it made out of my grandmother's mink coat (she got several made for future grandchildren too).  It's so special and sweet!  The artwork is a train made from Reid's handprint right before he turned 2.  I went to a "piggies and paws" party that Courtney had and the lady did a great job!   
 The baseball and glove was given to Reid by my dad right after he was born.  The baseball and glove were on a shelf in Reid's nursery too.  
 Confession:  Reid's bed has only been made one time other than today when I took this picture.  The duvet is a navy blue gingham print.  It's way too hot for a duvet right now, so it's folded up in his closet.  I also don't really see a point in making his bed in the morning when he's going to take a nap in it anyway. :)
 His bed usually looks like this!  He LOVES his "choo-choo sheets".  I like that the navy duvet can go with a lot, so when he's not into trains anymore, I can just get new sheets! 
  

The nursery is set up and ready for Baby!  It is pretty much exactly like it was before, but just a little bit of a different set up since we are in a different house.  The color scheme is creams and whites.  The glider will go in the corner by the window, but right now it's down in the master bedroom so we can use it while the baby is sleeping in our room.  Like last time, I will add a few gender specific things once the baby is here (still thinking BLUE)! ;)  

I looooove the bedding that my mom made, which is one of the reasons I am so excited to get to use it again!  My favorite part is the smocking on the inside because it's unique and something you don't see every day (and I love all things smocked)! :) 
I feel so blessed and thankful that we will soon have another baby to use this room!  

6 comments:

  1. Both of them look great!

    Also, this is unrelated, but you will appreciate this... I was with some friends in SLC, along with some of their mutual friends, and I mentioned something about smocked clothing. Blank stares. NONE of them knew what I was talking about! And trying to explain what smocking is to someone is hard, so I gave up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Allison! Sometimes when I write or talk about smocking people think I'm saying smoking! Ha! And it IS hard to explain. I just call it needlework sometimes...:) Patrice

      Delete
  2. Love both of the rooms and can't wait to find out if the nursery will have pink or blue accents, even though you're convinced it's blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love both of them! Now all you need is a baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rooms! Landon has that train pattern pillowcases for his bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Where did you get those train sheets? My nephew would love those.

    ReplyDelete