Chris and I spent the weekend in College Station while Reid spent the weekend with his grandparents! This was my first time to ever leave Reid overnight. I knew I would miss him so much, but I also know it's important to have a little break every now and then. He stayed with Mumsie and Popsie Friday night and Grandma and Grandpa Saturday night. He had a blast! We are so thankful that Reid has four wonderful grandparents that love him so much!!
We had a great weekend! We stayed at the La Salle in downtown Bryan and I have to say, I was really impressed with how nice downtown Bryan is now! Lots of cute little restaurants and stores! On Friday night we went to First Yell and Midnight Yell. The concert (First Yell) was really fun and I hadn't been to a Midnight Yell in years so I was really excited about it! On Saturday we spent all day on campus. We met up with our friends the Kirklands and the Carrs, checked out the new MSC, walked over to ESPN Game Day, watched the Spirit Walk, saw the Bonfire Memorial, and of course went to the game! Even though the day didn't end with an Aggie win, it was still a GREAT day! I just love being in College Station. We were sure to go to our favorite places to eat while we were there, too! Blue Baker is always my top pick and Rudy's for breakfast is Chris' favorite.
My mom was great about sending me pictures of Reid while he was there. Here is what he was up to! :)
I was SO excited to see him this morning! Based on these pictures, I'm not sure if the feeling was mutual! ;)
Thanks and Gig 'Em! ;)
Glad y'all got to have a fun weekend to yourselves :)
ReplyDeleteLove the pics- looks like a fun weekend! Makes me miss the BCS!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHe also rode in a boat, rode a whale, and used some cooking utensils!
ReplyDeleteIn the pool...
in the backyard...
a blow up boat...
a blow up whale...
a blow up pool on the side of the big pool with cooking utensils in it...
but STILL.
We loved having him stay with us. <3
This makes me miss College Station!
ReplyDeleteI need to find out how to edit comments. I don't like it when I delete and it says I deleted. I had a typo and wanted to fix it! And my heart didn't turn into a heart!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you guys got the chance to get away and have some time together! I am jealous of your time in the BCS!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous!! I am dying to go to CS. That sounds like a perfect weekend! I know Reid's grandparents enjoyed it just as much as y'all enjoyed being away. His little Aggie Jon Jon is to die for!!!! I'm guessing your mom made it?
ReplyDelete