Thursday, September 6, 2012

Little Gym and 15 month check up

We have started going to Little Gym on Tuesday mornings and Reid LOVES it!  This week was our second time to go.  The first week he didn't want to do the group activities at the beginning on the mat and just wanted to roam around.  The teacher told me that it was completely fine, but the teacher in me was stressed that he didn't want to participate in the whole group activity.  This week he did a little better with that part.  He has a blast the entire time we are there!  I haven't gotten very many good pictures at Little Gym, but here are a couple...

 Today we had Reid's official 15 month well check.  He looked so big to me in the waiting room.  
 Once we got back to the room and he realized what was coming, he wasn't very happy. :(

 His official 15 month (and 2 weeks) stats are:

Length: 32.5 inches (87%)
Weight: 26 lb 1 oz (87%)

I am so grateful for a healthy, growing boy!  I talked with Dr. Torn a little bit about Reid's speech.  He is pretty "vocal", but doesn't say any words other than momma and dadda.  She made me feel better about it and said that as long as he's understanding a lot of what we say, can follow some directions, and is starting to identify things in books etc, we are on the right track.  I can tell he is trying to say a few words.  He points and says "d" for dog, "g" for car, "b" for ball, bird, and sometimes bye.  I was laughing yesterday because one of the phrases he really understands is, "Let's go to Target!"  He immediately drops what he is doing and walks to the garage door.  Funny/sad! 

I took these pictures today.  Reid is really into puzzles lately!  He must have gotten that from Auntie Alli! ;)



3 comments:

  1. We used a Groupon to do Little Gym for a month this summer - Davis loved it too, but like Reid, just wanted to run around and do his own thing most of the time :) I appreciated that the teacher was ok with it and that I didn't have to feel obligated to make him participate. I just wish it was a little more affordable so we could do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a big boy now! I can't wait to play with him this weekend at mom and dad's! I'm SO glad he likes puzzles. I have a puzzle buddy now. Maybe next year he'll be the one to stay up with me until 1:00am finishing a puzzle instead of his daddy!

    ReplyDelete