Well, here we are. One month away from having a ONE YEAR OLD! Of course he will always be my baby, but I'm really trying to soak up his "babyness" right now. I think 11 months is such a fun age and I'm loving it!
Reid at 11 months...
*He is obsessed with water. He drinks it all day long. He is a tad dramatic while he is drinking it and makes lots of silly sounds.
*He is eating a lot more table food than last month. We still "supplement" with baby food sometimes, but we are moving in the right direction. Right now his favorite foods are pasta with some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, mandarin oranges, and meat. He LOVES chicken and beef. Can I just say that I'm having a hard time with how ridiculously messy his high chair gets after every single meal? I feel like I need to run the thing through a car wash every night!
*He definitely mastered crawling last month. He's really quick now! His favorite things to go after are the dog bowls, the blinds, the tv, and the baby food basket that is on the pantry door. He looks like he's grocery shopping when he gets into the pantry! He will just reach in and start gathering up his food. It's pretty funny to watch. It's actually probably only funny to us because we are his parents, but we think it's adorable! ;)
*He loves to be chased either when he's crawling or when he's in his walker! If I say, "I'm gonna get you!" he starts squealing and crawling/walking away really quickly!
*One of his favorite things to do is walk around with us holding his hands. He usually heads straight for Daddy's study so he can look at the deer! He likes to stop and look up and smile and whoever is walking with him.
*He has a shy side to his personality. He gets a shy/embarrassed look on his face where he closes his mouth, but smiles with his eyes. It's precious. :)
*I still can't get over how laid back this boy is. He definitely didn't get that from me, but I sure am thankful he is the way he is!
Nothing bothers him!
*He is so, so happy and loves to laugh!! This is such a blessing. Sometimes at night when we put him to bed we will hear him on the monitor just cracking up. I wish I knew what he was thinking about!!
*He hasn't tried to say any words, and is still pretty quiet overall, but he has recently started yelling different ways/pitches and wanting us to copy him.
*I feel like he's starting to understand me more, which is fun! When I say, "It's time to take your bath" he usually heads towards the bathroom and when I say, "Can you say hi?" he always waves. He pretty much waves all day long! He also knows the word "no", which I've definitely had to use a lot more lately! He knows when he's not supposed to do something because he will look at me to see if I'm watching. He always looks back when he's crawling towards the tv. He also has been taking off his bib every time he eats. He will pull on it and then stop and stare at me to see what I'm going to do. Oh goodness...
*He likes to close the garage when we are coming into the house.
*He loves to pull things apart! He does the pulling apart motion (he clasps his hands and then pulls them away from each other) even when he isn't holding a toy.
*He loves his pacifiers. He actually doesn't really care if he's sucking on one or not, but he has to have one for each hand to hold while he's sleeping. He just loves holding them!
*He has started doing so much better in shopping carts and restaurant high chairs. Thank goodness.
My precious boy...we love you to the moon and back! I am just so thankful every single day that God gave us YOU!
Happy 11 months, Reid!
ReplyDeleteHe is just so dang cute!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad I got to see him and his baby blues yesterday! Thanks for dinner, Reid is a great cook ;)
ReplyDeleteSo ready to see my Little Bubs!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy 11th months Reid!