Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! :)

We had such a fun day! Reid and I went to the Celebrations Christmas Market at Second Baptist this morning with a friend. I put him in the Baby Bjorn and he really liked looking around! It's so crowded in there that it's just easier to not have a stroller. I have decided that I am ready to spruce up my Christmas decorations this year! I want to add a little whimsical touch. Reid had enough after about an hour and a half, so I wasn't able to finish shopping. We might make a quick trip back there tomorrow morning. :) I spent a lot of time today daydreaming about Christmas decorations. I also listened to some Amy Grant Christmas music in the car. I just couldn't help it.

It was such a GORGEOUS day today that we decided to go to our little neighborhood park...TWICE! I put Reid in the swing and we had the best time. He's still kind of small, so I ended up stuffing a towel behind him. Once he got going, he was laughing and squealing...music to my ears! I can't get enough of his little gummy smile! He also got to wear his adorable sweater today, which made me happy!I am really making an effort lately to notice and be thankful for everyday things...things that are easily taken for granted. Today I was thinking how grateful I am for my dishwasher. I know that's random, but it would take a lot of extra time to wash everything by hand.


I will end with a few tidbits about Reid...

-He has been fascinated with his hands and fingers. He will just move them around and stare at them.

-He's starting to reach for things and people a lot more.

-He has discovered his tongue and has started chewing on it and sticking it out at us!

-He is obsessed with his "It's a boy" sign. This sign was on our front door when Reid came home from the hospital and now hangs on his nursery door. Every time we walk out of his room, we now stop to look at the sign. He gets a huge grin on his face and starts giggling! It's the funniest thing!

I just love being this BOY's mommy!

2 comments:

  1. Love this last pic of him in the swing! Sounds y'all did have a perfect day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete