Sunday, November 6, 2011

Observations

On Friday I took Reid up to Chris' office to meet all of his coworkers. It was so much fun! I loved being able to see where Chris works and put faces to names! He works with lots of really great people. I get SO stressed out driving downtown. I don't know how people do that everyday.


I've made a few observations lately...

*It is really hard to feed a baby baby food without making a HUGE mess. I think this is because his hands are constantly in his mouth. As soon as I give him a bite, his hand goes in his mouth and then all over his face, arms, feet, and the bumbo. When we are cleaning him up we find food in really interesting places! Tonight there were sweet potatoes in his nose and in his precious little neck rolls. :) Right now we are still only giving him baby food at dinner, so we just have him wear his diaper and then do his bath shortly after. I am not sure how this will work once he starts eating baby food two and three times a day! I guess he will be in and out of clothes a lot. He is actually really loving the baby food, which is great. So far he's only had sweet potatoes and squash.

*I think holding Reid at this age is so fun. He's big enough that I don't feel like I am going to break him, but small enough to still really snuggle. I love it.

*I find it very tempting to still wear my maternity jeans. I actually do every now and then if I am backed up on laundry. :) I should probably pack them away somewhere so they aren't so easily accessible.

*I think I am "nesting" more now then I did before Reid was born. I am going through a major phase of giving things away and cleaning out closets and drawers.

*At least once a day I still stop and think "I really can't believe that we have a baby." It's true what people say... In some ways I feel like he has been a part of our family forever, but in some ways it feels like we were just at the hospital having him. He is just the greatest joy of our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Davis is eating twice a day and I strip him down to his diaper both times! That will probably get annoying once we bump it up to 3, so stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete