Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Day of School

Tomorrow is the first time in about 23 years that I won't have a "first day of school" as either a student or a teacher. It's defintely a strange feeling! I have wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl. I remember my mom taking me to a teacher supply store in third grade and buying me things like a gradebook, posters, and ticky tack. I got an overhead projector for Christmas in 4th grade, which still goes down in history as my favorite Christmas present ever! I LOVED SCHOOL. Eventually my dream of becoming a teacher came true and I spent the last six years teaching at the best school in the world, Kilpatrick Elementary. I am proud to have spent those six years doing something that I truly loved with people that I truly loved. There were days and weeks that were REALLY hard, but it was worth it. I built relationships with over one hundred precious little Kilpatrick koalas and made lifelong friendships. Now I am a full time mommy to my baby boy. Although I loved teaching, I wouldn't trade this for anything. I am exactly where I want to be and feel so blessed that I have this opportunity. I have so much to teach my son and will continue my role as a teacher, just in a different way!



I love my baby koala!

2 comments:

  1. Chloie told me her feelings were hurt that you thought the overhead projector was a better present than she was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Brittany! Any friend of Allison's is a friend of mine. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete