Tuesday, August 23, 2011

3 months!

Everyone told me that it keeps getting more fun! They were right! :) Our precious boy is 3 months old! While a part of me is sad that the time seems to be passing so quickly, I am also very thankful that we have a healthy, growing boy! We are SO blessed! Reid is starting to extend the time between feedings, which is making me very happy! Up until this week he was still eating every 2 to 2 1/2 hours! This week he is making it to 3 hours almost every time and sometimes even longer! Chris gives him a bottle before bed and we give him about 4 oz. It's been very nice that he can take a bottle. It gives us some flexibilty on busy days and I love that he has that special time with his daddy every night. He is still wearing size 1 diapers, although that might be changing soon! He has been making lots of diaper messes lately! :) He is wearing some 3-6 month clothes and some 6-9 month clothes. He even has a few 12 month outfits and sleepers! Some of my favorite brands are Magnolia Baby and Kissy Kissy and they just run SO small. My mom and I are having so much fun dressing this boy!
During awake time he loves reading (one of our favorites is Brown Bear, Brown Bear), playing under his play mat (he just started intentionally grabbing the toys), tummy time (he is getting really good at it and I think he finally likes it), and hanging out in the swing (he used to fall asleep in it but now he just looks around). His favorite thing to do is to kick people's hands! He lays in his Boppy Lounger and kicks, kicks, kicks! He gets a very serious look on his face and puckers out his lips! It's so cute! :) He is starting to "talk" a lot too! His little coos and noises just melt my heart! I can't get enough!! He is trying very hard to put his entire fist in his mouth. He is constantly sucking on his hands and is starting to drool a lot. I think he may be teething! Already?? I am not ready for my baby to have teeth. I think that will make him seem so much older! He is taking 3-4 naps a day. I try to only have one of those naps be "on the go" and have at least 2 good naps at home. As much as I wish he was on a set naptime schedule, he's just not. It varies from day to day and I have learned to be okay with that! He's just really laid back. I have realized though that once he is tired he is REALLY tired. I have started to learn his cues and when I see them I need to put him in his crib right away or else he has a major meltdown. He really only cries when he is tired or hungry. Most nights he goes to bed around 8 and sleeps until 2 or 3! Yay! His morning wake up time used to be 8ish, but this week he has been getting up for the day around 7.
Sweet boy, I love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment