Friday, August 26, 2011

Random Mommy Thoughts...





*Most days I still feel totally clueless! I have decided that all moms are just doing the best they can and that we shouldn't judge one another.


*It's really hard to plan anything in advance now. I am thankful for flexible friends and family that are willing to change the plan at the last minute!


*I am constantly breaking into song! Sometimes I sing real songs (does Itsy Bitsy Spider count as a real song?) and sometimes I make them up (ex. "Mommy is brushing her hair right now, hair right now, hair right now. Mommy is brushing her hair right now and it is really tangled!). I used to break into song all the time as a teacher too. Luckily children under the age of 8 think everyone is an amazing singer regardless of actual talent. :)


*I sort of feel like I skipped summer. I have stayed inside for the majority of the last 3 months and haven't participated in my usual summer activities. I remembered it was summer a couple of days ago when I got in my car and it said 111 degrees.


*Reid loves being in the car, but only when it is moving. I have gotten really good at slowly coasting up to stoplights and praying that they turn green. I have also gotten really good at reaching back and putting his pacifier in his mouth while we are waiting in the mile long Chick-fil-a drive through line for my Diet Coke.


*I used to be very organized and now I just feel like I am constantly forgetting things.


*I am shedding like crazy. I hear this is normal. My hair in general is going through an interesting phase right now. I am sure the fact that it is a billion degrees and humid outside isn't helping matters. :)


*I still get really nervous when we go places because I am terrified of being the lady with the screaming baby! Reid has really only screamed in public one time, so I am not sure why this worries me so much.


*I LOVE being a boy mom! I would be sooo happy if we were blessed with more boys someday!

2 comments:

  1. I like posts like this where we get to see inside the mind of Brittany :) and the hair shedding is driving me INSANE. It is EVERYWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post too! I also like hearing that you break into song... does the fact that I do the same thing without having a child or classroom make me strange? :) Loved seeing you and your sweet little man today!

    ReplyDelete