Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Day in the Life - 2 Months

I always want to remember what our days were like at different phases of our life. Today was a pretty normal day for us, so I decided to document it! :)


Reid woke up at 7:45. He usually wakes up anywhere from 7:30-8:30. I miss him when he's asleep and always look forward to going in his room and scooping him up!

I fed Reid and then we snuggled in my bed for a little while. At 8:15 I put him in his swing while I unloaded the dishwasher and scampered around the house doing a few random things.

From 8:30-9:15 we read books, sang some songs, and just spent the morning talking. :)
At 9:15 Reid started getting fussy so I knew it was time for a nap. He slept for about an hour. Most nights he is still waking up at least twice, so I usually nap while he is napping in the morning! He woke up at 10:15 from his nap and I got him dressed. After he was dressed we went into my bathroom so I could get myself ready for the day. Today I actually did my hair and put on some makeup which hasn't happened very often in the last 2 months. I usually don't do either unless I am going to a place where I will be likely to see someone I know. :)
We left the house around 11:30. Reid was not very happy, but once we got in the car he stopped crying and enjoyed the ride.
First, we drove through Chick-Fil-A to get a Diet Coke. A lot of days this is our only outing. I stopped drinking Diet Coke on December 31, 2009 and I have more than made up for it since Reid has been born. Next, we went to Target to get a few things. Reid's carseat doesn't fit in the top of the cart so I have to put it inside. Because of this I can't really go on a big grocery trip with him yet. Chris usually goes on the weekends!
We got home around 12:15. Reid is on a good eat, wake, sleep schedule. He took about a 20 minute nap while we were in Target and on the way home. I was hoping he would stay asleep in his carseat in the house for a little while and get a good nap in, but he woke up right when we got home and was ready to eat! He is ready RIGHT when he wakes up even if it hasn't been 3 hours since he ate last. After I fed him he spent some time on his play mat and then had some tummy time. He is doing a lot better with tummy time. Annabelle likes tummy time too! :)
Reid started getting fussy around 1:30, so I put him down for a nap and he slept until 3:00. While he was napping I did some laundry. After he woke up I fed him, he spent some more time under his play mat, and we read some more books. He took another nap from 4:30-5:30. While he was napping I picked up the house, put dinner in the oven, and replied to emails etc. Before Reid was born we made a lot of meals to put in the deep freeze. We were also blessed with friends and family bringing us meals for about a month. Between both of these things I really haven't had to cook yet. When Reid woke up at 5:30 I fed him and then Chris got home. We caught up on the each other's day and ate dinner at 6:15. Our little centerpiece is so adorable! :)

From 6:15-7:30 I did a few things around the house while Chris entertained Reid. He loves his daddy! At 7:30 we gave Reid his bath. He loves bathtime and so do we! Next, I put him into his jammies and daddy gave him a bottle. They love having this special time together.
After Chris gave Reid his bottle, we had family prayer time, I rocked my sweet baby, and then put him in his crib around 8:00.


That is my life right now and I wouldn't trade a thing! Good Night!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! This will so fun for you to look back at one day. :)
    Hugs, Shatawn

    ReplyDelete