Sunday, December 3, 2017

NYC!

Yesterday, Mom, Alli, and I got back from a fun, Christmasy weekend in NYC!  We had been talking about doing a girls trip for a while, so Alli and I decided to surprise Mom with the trip to celebrate her upcoming 60th birthday in January!  This trip was about seeing the city at Christmas.

Day 1:  We left at 11:30 and arrived at our hotel around 5.  Mom and I HATE flying, but we were brave! :)

After checking into our hotel, we headed out to see the big tree at Rockefeller Center.  On our way we saw a lot of pretty Christmasy things...

Grand Central Station


Saks Fifth Avenue had about 15 of these amazing Snow White themed window displays!  


The cute tree at the American Girl store :)

Radio City at night

Rockefeller Center




Next, we headed to Serendipity for dinner and some famous frozen hot chocolate!  Yummy!


We loved the decor!


Day 2:  We woke up and went to brunch at The Boathouse in Central Park.  This was my favorite meal of the trip.  The food and scenery can't be beat!  


The view from our table


After brunch we went to Bryant Park where they had a cute little shops set up and an ice skating rink.  


We didn't last long, but we had to ice skate in New York at Christmas!  




That afternoon we went to see Jersey Boys!  Overall, I really liked it!  The music was so good!  

 
After the show we went back to the hotel for about an hour to rest and then headed to dinner at Max Brenner's.  It was crazy busy and we had to wait a while (despite having a reservation), but it was really good! 

Day 3:  We had a quick breakfast at our hotel and then headed to see the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular!  The show was SO good!!! I loved it.  It was so cheerful, well done, and definitely got us in the Christmas spirit!  






After the show we had reservations for tea at The Plaza!  The hotel is gorgeous and it was just such a fun experience!  

We love Eloise. :)







After tea we got talked into a bike tour of Central Park.  It ended up being really fun and our guide Ross had us laughing the whole time.  We loved him! 

This is the fountain where the FRIENDS cast filmed the show opener.  






After the bike tour we went to the SOHO/Little Italy area for pizza at Lombardi's.  It was fun to be in a less crowded, more residential part of the city.  We were back at our hotel by 7 and just relaxed and watched Elf! :)

Day 4:  We went to breakfast at Sarabeth's and then headed to the airport!  We were sad to leave, but also ready to get home!  I think we were there for the perfect amount of time.

Here are just a few more pictures of some of the Christmas decor that we saw while we were there!  




It was a wonderful trip and lots of memories were made!  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect trip to me! I need to make this happen with my mom and sisters some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip- I love it! And ditto to what Allison said... we'll have to suggest this to Betsy :) Also, when I first read "bike tour," I imagined you biking around the city and it made me laugh- once I saw the picture I realized what you meant... sounds much more comfortable to me than actually riding bikes!

    ReplyDelete