Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

It's been a wonderful week!

Reid and Georgia Kate both had Thanksgiving feasts at school last Thursday.  Unfortunately, they were at the same time.  Georgia's class only needed two volunteers and parents weren't coming for the most part, so I decided to go to Reid's this time.  His school watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and they served bread slices, popcorn, and jelly beans just like they do in the movie.  It was cute!  

This is Reid's favorite school buddy, James. 

This sweet little pilgrim girl enjoyed turkey, green beans, fruit, a roll, and a blueberry muffin.  

Chris and his parents took the kids to the ranch on Saturday morning and I stayed here!  Chris ended up bringing Rhett back a couple of days early on Sunday evening because he wasn't feeling well, but I had almost two full days in my house!  I missed my people, but I stayed very busy.  I got SO much done and managed to relax a little bit too.  


The kids were excited to come home to a house that had been decorated for Christmas!  I surprised them with these tiny trees in their rooms. :)


We went to John, Alli, and Perry's house for Thanksgiving!  

I'm so thankful for these little turkeys...






The whole crew!

Tonight we had our traditional day after Thanksgiving tree decorating night!  The kids each get Christmas pajamas, a Christmas book, and an ornament that represents something about them from that year.  They love this night and so do we!  

Reid got books because this was the year he really became a reader.

GK got a princess because she's into all things pink, girly, and princess related.

Rhett got a monkey because he's wild and climbs on everything! :)

My favorite place to be is reading a book with my babies in my lap. 

We have so much to be thankful for! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you all had a happy Turkey Day - and that you got 2 whole days to yourself beforehand!! And I love your day after Thanksgiving tradition, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you got a couple of days off- I bet that was amazing (and also a little strange)! And I love the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving feast food at Reid's program... cute idea!

    ReplyDelete