Sunday, November 12, 2017

Rhett is 2!

Our baby is TWO!  Oh, how we love our Rhett Michael!  




When I think of a word to sum up our precious third born, INTENSE is a word that comes to mind - ha!  We always say that it's a good thing he's so cute.  :) Those big, brown, puppy eyes and sweet dimples get me every time!  The second he wakes up he YELLS, "Mommy!!!" or "Daddy!!!" loudly and repeatedly until we come get him.  He is a little tornado and loves to pull things out of cabinets and drawers, dump out games, etc.  He has discovered that he can drag the kitchen chairs around to climb onto the counters or reach the water button on the refrigerator and press it over and over until he's standing in a pool of water.  He is our only child that climbed out of his crib.  I guess he doesn't know that I plan on keeping him in it until he's five! ;) We lowered the mattress to the ground and that is working for now.  He is such a little monkey! He wants to do everything that the big kids do, which can be equally cute and frustrating.  Since turning his car seat to forward facing, he's become quite the backseat driver!  He is all boy.  He loves being outside and playing with the bat and ball.  He loves being chased and tickled.  He loves wrestling and jumping.  He does actually sit still for books a lot of the time!  Some of his favorites right now are Little Blue Truck, Big Red Barn, and Brown Bear Brown Bear.

Rhett's talking has really taken off the last month or so!  I absolutely love hearing his sweet voice.  He has a lot to say!  Like most two year olds, his favorite word is NO.  He also says (yells), "No want it!" when he doesn't like something or "op it!" (stop it).  The "why" phase has already started.  Some of my favorite things he says are - "oshy" (what he named his paci), "beep beep" (when he wants someone to move), "mere" (come here) and "aw man"!  He calls Reid "budder" (brother), "buddy" or "ree" and he calls Georgia "hissy" (sissy), "GG", or "jaja".





We are so thankful for this boy and we love him SO SO much!  Happy 2nd birthday, Rhett!!!

2 year stats (updated Dec. 7):

Weight - 33 pounds, 6.5 ounces (95%)
Height - 37.75 inches (99%)




2 comments:

  1. Sweet fella! Happy belated 2nd birthday, Rhett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this!! I think we need to get together with kids soon because I can't remember the last time I've actually seen him in person... or Reid or Georgia either!

    ReplyDelete