Our small group girls headed out bright and early Friday morning for a much needed Girls Weekend! My friend Holly's parents live on a lake halfway between College Station and Waco. We went straight to Waco on Friday and our first stop was Magnolia! After some shopping and getting the best cookies ever at the bakery, we went to lunch, then shopped more at Spice Village, then stopped for some chips and queso and margaritas before heading to the house. Basically we ate and shopped a lot on Friday. :)
We slept in on Saturday and just hung around and watched the first half of the Aggie game. Then we decided to head to College Station for some coffee at Sweet Eugene's, pedicures, and lunch/dinner at Blue Baker. After that, we came back to the house and played games and laughed a lot. :)
I was so thankful for such a relaxing weekend away, but I sure did miss my people big time!! I had never been away from Rhett overnight, so that was hard. I was so excited to get back on Sunday. The best part of the weekend was when Reid wrote me this note on Sunday.
"I like my mommy at my house. Love Reid"
Georgia Kate and I continued the girl time today when we went to Dewberry Farm together! Reid and I got to go together with his class a couple of weeks ago, so when we were asked to join some friends today, I decided to send Reid to school and take only Georgia. It's always special to get a little one on one time with the kids and we had a great time!








So fun! I'm jealous especially about the Blue Baker :)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so fun! When we went to Magnolia, the bakery was like 3 weeks away from opening. I guess that just means I'll have to go back to try it!
ReplyDeleteUmm your Friday/Saturday sounds like my ideal weekend! Shopping, chips, queso, margs, Sweet Eugene's, Blue Baker... I need to plan this exact weekend for myself some time!
ReplyDeleteReid's little note is SO sweet!!!
ReplyDelete