Well, baby Rhett is officially ONE year old! In some ways I feel like that was the fastest year ever, but I also feel like I really made a point to soak up every stage of this first year with him. There is something really special about getting to experience the baby phase for the third time. We are so in love with the baby of our family and can't imagine life without him!
*His favorite song is "Wheels on the Bus" and his favorite books are You are my Cupcake, Big Red Barn, and any touch and feel book.
A few things about Rhett Michael at 12 months...
*He has been very attached to me lately and doesn't want to be put down. Ever. My list of things that I can do one handed is growing. ;)
*He still loves to throw balls (and already has some natural talent if I do say so myself) and is showing a new interest in cars.
*"Ba" (ball) and "Ga" (car) are the two words he says most, in addition to mama, dada, and baba (bye bye).
*He loves to watch Reid and Georgia Kate play and is starting to include himself in some of their shenanigans. :)
*He is cruising furniture, but not quite ready to try taking steps on his own yet.
*He is already a picky eater (sigh) and has no problem throwing whatever he doesn't want on the floor with a disgusted look on his face. He loves all fruit and would prefer to only eat fruit and Cheerios. He gets MAD when the foods he likes run out!
*He still really needs two naps a day, so I don't see us moving to one nap anytime soon.
*On that note, he is still waking up 1-2 times a night, which might be why he needs two naps! :)
*He already has 8 teeth and is working on more!
*He loves to be tickled!
*He expects to be cheered for anytime he does anything. I guess that's one of the perks of being the baby of the family! :) If we don't cheer for him, he waves both of his hands in the air to remind us.
*He LOVES other babies.
*He loves taking baths and having water poured on his head!
*I think he might have some curl in his hair! He has a little curl on the back of his head and I can't wait to see if more pop up!
12 month stats:
Weight - 21 pounds, 13.6 ounces (59%)
Height - 32 inches (99%)
Rhett Michael, we adore you!!! HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!


Can't wait to see how his little personality develops from here!
ReplyDelete