Well, Reid officially wrapped up a great year in the Butterfly Class! This year was fun for him because most of the kids were also in his class last year, so he was able to form some good school friendships. We made the stressful, agonizing, kept me awake at night decision to "delay the start" of kindergarten (as the preschool director puts it) and have Reid do the 5 year old transition class at our preschool next year. So much thought and prayer went into this decision, but ultimately, I feel like it's going to be what's best for him. He's so excited about the Alligator Class next year and so am I! That being said, his preschool graduation was more of a preschool dress-rehearsal graduation. :) I was not near as emotional as I would have been because I know we get to do it again next year!
The program was really sweet. Reid made some progress since the Christmas program and faced forward and also managed to move his mouth during some of the songs. ;) Hand motions were not going to happen, but I can relate to the fact that he isn't a fan of performing. I was really proud of him for getting up there and participating!
Mrs. Myers was a wonderful teacher! She does such creative things with the kids and Reid was happy to go to school each day.
Reid and sweet Mrs. Riel
Proud Parents!
Yesterday was Splash Day! I was happy to get to go and help. Reid and his friends had a blast!
Reid's favorite school friend the last two years has been Ryan! Such a sweet boy!
First day of the school year vs. the last…
He's grown so much!
We are looking forward to a great summer!



Seems like Reid goes to a great school, and I'm sure he will have another great year next year! And I'm happy for you that the Kinder decision has been made and you don't have to worry about it anymore!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad the "practice round" year went well and I'm sure he will love it next year and be extra ready for Kindergarten (as will you)!
ReplyDeleteI sure love my sweet boy! The picture of Reid and Ryan is adorable!
ReplyDelete