Rhett Michael is 6 months old!!! It has flown by, but it also feels like he's been part of our family forever. This is when I really want to hit the pause button. This is my favorite baby age!
I love seeing Rhett's personality come through. He's easy going in some ways and not at all in others. He can be SO happy or SO mad. He's very sensitive, but also already a little bit silly! He's so uniquely him and we just love him to pieces!
Rhett has a new "cheesy" smile (see below) and he also has a tiny and sweet "shy" smile. I love his little baby gurgles. He has really discovered his voice and loves to scream just to hear what he sounds like. :) Georgia Kate and Daddy seem to be his favorite people at the moment. He lights up when he sees Chris and nobody can make him laugh quite like his sister! He is grabbing everything and putting everything in his mouth. While he's not sitting on his own quite yet, he has started doing push ups when he's on his tummy. He is really strong! We put him in the swing in the backyard this month and he seems to love it!
Rhett usually takes three 45 minute naps a day and occasionally four naps depending on how much we are in the car. He loves his carseat and if he's fussy before we need to go somewhere, I will often put him in his carseat early and he will hang out in it happily for a while before we leave. He's still working on soothing himself to sleep at nap time, but it's getting better. He wakes up every 2-3 hours throughout the night (and often it's more like every hour and a half), but I'm really getting used to it. He needs me and I know it won't be like this forever. We started some baby food around 5 1/2 months. I try to give him something most days around dinner time, but we skip some days. So far he's had oatmeal, prunes, peas, pears and today we celebrated his 6 month birthday with avocado! He seems to like pears the best so far. Rhett is a BIG growing boy! He wears size 3 diapers and is squeezing into 9-12 month clothes.
The last six months have been such a joy! We love you SO much, baby Rhett!
6 month stats:
Weight - 20 lbs, 12 oz (94%)
Height - 28.75 in (99%)
Head Circumference - 18 in (97%)





I blinked and he's been alive for half a year!! Way to be a great 3rd child, Rhett - keep it up! (Except for the nighttime waking... feel free to not keep that up for mama's sake :)
ReplyDelete