Our baby boy is 4 months old! Rhett is truly "our" baby. We all love him so much!
This month Rhett started grabbing the toys on his playmat, putting weight on his legs (while I hold him, of course), and scooting around on his back. He still hasn't rolled over from back to tummy, but the scooting gets him pretty far! The very best part of this month was hearing Rhett "talk" more and laugh for the first time! He has the most precious little chuckle! All I have to do is smother him with kisses and he really gets going! He loves when I turn on music and sing along to him. He raises his eyebrows while I'm singing like he's waiting to hear the next part. :) Rhett likes to be outside and watch his brother and sister play. He has gotten to ride in the stroller like a big boy a few times and seems to really like it.
Rhett is still taking 4 short naps a day (in his crib when we are home and in his carseat on top of the dryer when he falls asleep in the car) and sleeps in the pack and play in our room at night. We are planning to move him to his room at night very soon. Now that Rhett is a little older and settling into somewhat of a schedule, I'm really trying to stay home as much as we can so that he can rest. I can tell that being the third child and "on the go" is starting to affect him and it makes me feel bad! Rhett eats about 5 times a day and all night long (joking, kind of). Nighttime sleep is not our strength around here, but we'll get there. Rhett is usually very chipper in the morning, even after waking up all night. He will just coo and talk in the pack and play for a little while until I come pick him up and then I'm greeted with a big, sweet smile! One of my favorite things that he always does is grabs my hand with both arms when I come in to give him his pacifier. He's like a little koala and it's so cute! This month we learned that Rhett has Eczema like his daddy. I took him to the doctor after a flare up and we switched all of his soaps and lotions, so hopefully we can keep it under control.
Baby Rhett, you add so much joy to our lives! You are so very loved!
4 month stats:
Weight - 17 lbs, 14 oz (87%)
Height - 27.75 inches (off the charts!)
Head Circumference - 17.25 inches (95%)




I just want to squeeze those little cheeks... we need to get together with the families soon!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a sweet little chunk!! Happy belated 4 months, Rhett!
ReplyDelete