Potty Training just isn't fun. After going through it with Reid, I was not looking forward to potty training Georgia Kate. I was planning to wait until this summer when she was almost 3 (and Rhett was older), but she has practically been begging me to go on the potty and wear big girl underwear for weeks. I kept saying, "No, just go in your diaper! You can go on the potty when you are bigger!" Excellent parenting. ;) Well, last week I decided to just go for it. I bought her some panties, made her a sticker chart, and we got started. And sister was amazing. Much like sleeping in her big girl bed, it was like it was nothing new for her. She wants me to close the door so she can do it all by herself. She sure keeps us on our toes, but when it comes to big changes, this girl is a rockstar!
We celebrated with a Mommy/Georgia cupcake date! I'm so proud of her!



Way to go GK!! That's awesome!!!!! I'm totally jealous!! Reese refuses to go on the potty--she tells me 'no tank you' all the time!
ReplyDeleteYay, props to you and to GK! This has been my least favorite milestone so far but in a lot of ways it hasn't been as bad as I thought (and in other ways it has, ha)!
ReplyDeleteI really, really, really, really hope Avery does this - just decides she is ready and then gets the hang of it right away! I feel like the universe owes me an easy experience after potty training Davis for like 7 months!!!
ReplyDelete