Friday, January 29, 2016

A Day in the Life with THREE KIDS!

I love documenting what our days look like.  It's a lot of work and hard to remember to take pictures and write everything down throughout the day, but it's fun for me to look back on these posts. :)  My favorite days are our Mondays and Fridays when all three of my babies are home with me all day.  Here's what we were up to today!

I was up several times throughout the night with Rhett, but my day officially started at 6:30 am.  Rhett woke up and then Reid came in a couple of minutes later.  I fed Rhett while Reid played in the living room for a few minutes.  Rhett and I joined Reid in the living room and for the next hour we had our usual morning mommy & boys time.  I got Reid his breakfast and he ate it while watching part of the Texans game from a few weeks ago (his choice).  The fan entertained Rhett for a few minutes while I started a load of laundry and got my caffeine. :) Then, Reid and I played a few games before I went and got Georgia Kate out of her bed at 8:00. 


The boys didn't get the memo that the girls aren't morning people. ;)

I got Georgia started with her breakfast and Daniel Tiger and then Rhett started getting tired and fussy.  I rocked him for a few minutes and then took him to his room for a nap.  He's still sleeping in our room at night, but I'm trying to get him used to sleeping in his crib during the day when we are home.  



While Rhett was napping, the big kids played and I quickly "got ready" (washed face, brushed teeth, put in contacts), ate a Luna bar for breakfast, switched the laundry, and folded laundry.  Rhett did pretty well during his nap.  He needed me to sooth him a couple of times, but I think he's starting to like the peace and quiet of his room. :)

Rhett woke up from his nap at 9:00 and then all of us went upstairs.  I fed Rhett while the kids played. 


Around 9:45 we came downstairs and I got everyone dressed, threw in another load of laundry, and we headed out to run to Target at 10:00.  



The kids got popcorn when we were done and I totally counted that as their lunch.  We got home at 11:15 and I gave them each an applesauce pouch to make myself feel better about the popcorn lunch. :)  Rhett fell asleep in the car on the way home and stayed asleep in his carseat for 45 minutes after we got home.  


While Rhett was sleeping, I started prepping our dinner for later, switched and folded MORE laundry, and we made cookies, which Reid has been asking to do.  


Rhett woke up at 12:00 and I fed him while Reid and Georgia Kate watched a show in our bed.  Georgia Kate went down for her nap between 12:30 and 12:45.  Reid and I played another game while Rhett played on his play mat.  Rhett started getting tired about 1:30, so I rocked him and put him in his crib.  I realized that the two youngest were sleeping at the SAME TIME and Reid was working on a sticker project independently, so I decided to lay down for a quick cat nap.  It only lasted 10 minutes before Rhett started crying, but it was glorious. :) I got Rhett back to sleep and decided to work on a couple of Rodan + Fields things and wrap a gift for a baby shower.  Georgia Kate and Rhett both woke up at 2:45.  I fed Rhett and got the big kids a snack.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, so we spent  the rest of the afternoon outside!  We went for a short walk/bike ride and then Rhett and I sat on a blanket in the yard while the other two played.  


Around 4:15, I moved the big kids to the backyard to play so I could finish getting dinner prepped.  This sweet boy watched. :)


Rhett got tired again at 4:30, so I put him down for a nap and I picked up the house a little bit.  Chris got home at 4:45, which was a welcomed surprise!  This isn't the norm, but we LOVE when Daddy gets to come home early!  We ate an early dinner at 5:00 and Rhett woke up right as we were finishing up.  I fed him and then cleaned up the kitchen while the others were playing in the backyard.  Rhett got very fussy around 5:30 and I ended up rocking him for the next hour and Chris took the other two to the park for a few minutes.  At 6:30 I gave Rhett his bath. 


After Rhett's bath, we all went upstairs, put away the kids' laundry, and gave Reid and Georgia Kate their baths.  


We split boys and girls for books and then the big kids were asleep at 7:30.  



Chris gave Rhett a bottle and then we put him to bed.  I took a shower and now I'm finishing up this post while watching Fixer Upper on the DVR.  Wild and crazy Friday night!  

*not pictured: 2,000 diaper changes and trips to the potty. ;)

I truly have my dream job and it is my greatest joy to spend my days with these three little people.  I am SO thankful!  

2 comments:

  1. Love this! But I totally think you should have included every diaper change and trip to the potty ;) Keep it up, super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Allison and I approve of your popcorn + applesauce lunch for the kids :)

    ReplyDelete