I am so proud of our big kids and how well they've done during this month of transition! I know it probably hasn't been easy on them. Recovering from a c-section and taking care of a newborn has meant that they have had to do a lot of waiting and practicing patience, a lot of staying home (or going places with Daddy or their grandparents while Mommy and Rhett stay home), and hearing a lot of "Mommy can't do that quite yet" (Georgia Kate particularly had a hard time when I couldn't carry her up the stairs). They've probably watched too much TV, eaten too many snacks, and gotten away with things that they normally wouldn't. But I'm proud of them and of us and I've really tried to give us all a little extra grace this month.
Reid and Georgia Kate absolutely adore their baby brother. Reid loves to give Rhett kisses on his head. Georgia Kate has the SWEETEST voice that she uses when she talks to Rhett. She pats his head and says, "Awwww. Hi Wett. Hiiiii" and then starts talking in another language and we have no idea what she says to him! Haha!
Here's a little update about the big kids at about 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old…
Reid's new obsession is tracking scores during sporting events. He actually has a really good grasp on the game of football and how it works. It's pretty impressive considering I didn't start understanding football until very recently. Any time a game is one, he gives us a complete play by play of what's happening and what the score is. Apparently Chris was exactly like this as a child… shocking, I know. ;) Two different times in the last couple of weeks he's woken up at the crack of dawn and the first thing out of his mouth was, "What was the score of the ___ vs. ___ game?" He has such a numbers brain. His teacher pointed that out at our conference as well. Reid loves going to school, playing outside, Paw Patrol, building, the color purple, drawing, competition of any kind, and frozen yogurt.
Oh, this girl. Georgia Kate keeps us all on our toes. Before we knew that Rhett was a boy, I would say that I wasn't sure how she would handle having a sister, but I could totally see her doing great with two brothers. Something tells me she's going to keep those two boys in line! ;) She is intense, but in a wonderful way (usually), and is SO funny! She's always up for a good time. Surprisingly, she's kind of shy around most people, but that could also just be a phase. Georgia Kate loves Daniel Tiger, playing with her baby dolls, singing, looking at books in her bed, dancing, the color pink, playing with play-doh, playing outside, repeating everything her big brother says, attempting to do things by herself, sweets of any kind, famanas (bananas), asking what color everyone's birthday is (she means what month), and making huge messes everywhere she goes! :)
It's been really neat to see Reid and Georgia Kate's relationship grow since Rhett was born. I love watching them play and laugh together. They've been forced to depend on each other more for entertainment lately and I think it's been really good for them! It is also sweet to watch them love on their baby brother together. I love these two so very much!!
Such sweet bigs! Too funny about Reid's score obsession and I love that you picked "intense" to describe GK because I would also pick that word for Clara :)
ReplyDelete