Saturday, December 12, 2015

One Month of Rhett Michael

Our sweet baby boy has been here for one whole month already and it's been one of the most wonderful months of my life!  Having a brand new baby during the holidays is so special.  I love that it's made us slow down (or attempt to) and keep our commitments to a minimum.  We are enjoying our family time!  


Before we even knew about Rhett, I would sometimes tell Chris that it still felt like there was a member of our family that was supposed to be here.  Now I know that it was our Rhett!  He's the perfect piece to our puzzle.


Rhett is such a calm, easy baby.  He is already learning to go with the flow and embrace the craziness of a household with three kids!  He's very happy to hang out on his Boppy Lounger and look out the window, watch his brother and sister, or stare at the ceiling fan. :) He loves to be held when he sleeps, so he spends a lot of time being worn in the wrap during the day.  At night he sleeps in the Rock n Play next to our bed.  In the last week or so, he's been staying awake for longer stretches during the day and I love it!  He is most awake in the evening before bedtime.  He really only cries when he's overly tired, hungry, or having tummy problems and he almost always goes back to sleep easily after waking up in the middle of the night to eat.  He's a hungry boy and growing too quickly for my liking!  He was our biggest baby from the start and I'm thinking he is planning to keep it up.  He has already moved up to size 1 diapers and is wearing a few newborn and mostly 3 month gowns and sleepers.  He has very long fingers and toes like a Preston and the most precious dimple on his right cheek just like his big brother.  I think our boys look so much alike!  Rhett has smiled a couple of times, but never in response to anyone, so I'm not counting his first real smile quite yet.  Our sweet boy got his very first virus this month, right around 1 1/2 weeks old.  It was most likely the same thing that Reid and Georgia Kate had the week he was born.   It made me so sad, but I am thankful that he was able to recover pretty quickly.   


Rhett, you are so loved!!!  We adore you!

1 comment:

  1. Fastest month ever!! And I am super, super impressed that you are keeping up with the blogging - I know you will be glad you did!

    ReplyDelete