Overall, I would say going from one to two children was more challenging for me than going from two to three children. The transition has been relatively smooth and as usual, I wasted way too much energy worrying about how we would all adjust.
These are probably obvious, but for me, here are the things that have been more challenging…
* Getting three children and myself ready, plus all of the STUFF required, plus loading everyone in the car has proven to be quite time consuming.
*LAUNDRY. It seems like the washer and dryer are constantly running and I am constantly folding. That being said, I'm so thankful that we have a washer and dryer. It's just amazing how adding one tiny person to the mix makes such a difference in the laundry situation. On a similar note, it seems pretty much impossible to keep the house clean these days and I'm learning to be okay with it.
*"Mom Brain" - It is real and it gets worse with each child. If I don't write something down the very second it pops into my head, I will forget.
There have also been some things that have been easier this time…
*Reid and Georgia Kate can entertain each other. When Georgia Kate was born, I was the only person available during the day for Reid to play with, so it was sometimes hard for him when I was busy with the baby. Of course, with the playing comes some fighting, but for the most part, they seem to have grown closer since Rhett was born.
*This time I was already used to taking care of newborn and another child. When Georgia Kate was born, it was hard at first to figure out how to balance taking care of her and doing things like fixing Reid meals, etc. Now I'm used to multi-tasking.
*Somehow I feel less tired this time around than I did the first two times. I think with your first baby everything is just such a shock to your body and your life. I remember being EXHAUSTED all the time when Reid was a newborn. This time, I'm really tired first thing in the morning, but once the day gets going I'm usually good to go! Once you become a parent, sleep is never the same, so I guess I'm just used to it now!
I am so thankful for my THREE babies and have loved all of the craziness, noise, and fun that comes from being a family of five! :)









Your babies are beautiful! I love this post! You are the best mommy! I remember the laundry going from one to two was shocking! Can't imagine three!
ReplyDeleteYou are rocking this being a mom of 3 thing, so props to you :) I'm sure it doesn't hurt that they're all so cute (and always perfectly behaved, no doubt ;)!
ReplyDeleteYou are rocking this being a mom of 3 thing, so props to you :) I'm sure it doesn't hurt that they're all so cute (and always perfectly behaved, no doubt ;)!
ReplyDelete