We are SO excited and grateful to be expecting another baby! Baby is due on November 17. I love the idea of a Fall baby. I have been day dreaming about having a newborn during the holidays. We found out on March 11 and kept it a secret from everyone (even our families) until after our first doctor's appointment at almost 9 weeks. After I found out I wanted to call Chris at work and tell him right away, but decided to wait until he got home so I could tell him in person! Since his mind often revolves around the Aggie football schedule, I just casually said, "Hey, do you know what game is on November 14th?" Surprisingly he said, "Not sure, why?" I told him that he might be a little busy that weekend and probably wouldn't be able to go. ;) He was so happy and we both just laughed at the thought of having THREE children. Chris typically isn't a fan of major life events happening right in the middle of football and hunting season, but I think he'll make an exception this once! ;) I ordered big brother/big sister shirts that we were planning to use to tell our families, but they didn't arrive when I thought they would and I was too anxious to tell everyone! We decided to just tell our parents that we had taken some cute pictures of the kids that weekend and let them flip through them on our phones. We snuck this one in at the end! :) Everyone was sooo surprised and absolutely thrilled!
I am 14 weeks now and starting to feel a little bit normal again. Even though they were different genders, my pregnancies with Reid and Georgia Kate were almost identical. I was often very nauseous, but it was usually in little patches throughout the day. Well, this little one was making his/her presence known from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed each night. I know it could have been so much worse, but it was basically just a constant state of BLAH. I also don't remember the whole increased sense of smell thing really being an issue the last two times, but oh my goodness has it been a thing this go around. Going to the grocery store, walking into the pantry, the garbage disposal… all made me completely gag. I basically lived on HEB brand mango popsicles for the first several weeks. So random, but oh so good. :) All of it is more than worth it. We know how blessed we are to have been given this gift.
As for these two… I would say they are pretty excited about Baby! Georgia Kate obviously doesn't get it, but Reid does, which is so fun! I am really looking forward to watching him be a big brother again now that he's much older. Of course the gender will be a surprise again, but when we first told Reid about the baby he said, "Well, I already have a sister, so I need a brother." Then a couple of days ago they were playing really well together and having fun and he said, "I think I want another sister!" It was SO cute and sweet. I predict that Georgia will be super into the baby and also super jealous. She's an emotional little firecracker. :)
Everything is just as exciting and wonderful and special the third time as I was the first two. I just can't say enough how grateful we are. Mumsie already got the baby his/her first gift, a beautiful white gown, perfect for a little Fall baby!
Sweet #3, we love you so much already!!!



This made me cry! We are all SO excited for niece/nephew #3! Y'all are amazing parents, and Reid and GK will be amazing big siblings! Can't wait for November! :)
ReplyDeleteUgh, I'm so annoyed with myself for missing all these blog posts when they happened! I love how you told Chris - perfect! And I can attest that fall babies and having a newborn during the holidays is pretty fun :) (tiring, of course, but fun!)
ReplyDelete