Sunday, May 24, 2015

Reid is FOUR.

Our baby boy is FOUR!  I have heard that four is a magical age and I can already see why.


Here are a few things I want to remember about our Reid Preston at four…

He turns everything is a competition.  "Are we faster than that car?" "Am I older than him?" "Is our car taller than that one?"

He LOVES games.  It must have something to do with the competition factor! ;) His current favorites are Go Fish and Candy Land.

He is really into building things and he is really creative!

As much as I didn't want it to happen, he has started becoming interested in super heroes.  I don't think he really even understands what they are, but his friends at school talk about them.  I'm not anti-super hero, but I guess I just feel like they are such a big boy thing to be into and I'm not ready for that!  

He is a great big brother and is usually very patient with Georgia Kate.  I'm sure it's not easy to have someone knocking down your towers and taking your favorite toys!  He has a sweet little voice that he uses only with her.  He's very good about trying to calm her down when she's having a meltdown.  He isn't always successful, but he tries. ;) 

He loves being home and I hope he always feels this way!  I tried to keep our non-school days pretty low key this year so we could just enjoy our days at home.  On Wednesdays and Fridays he always wakes up and says, "We don't have anything today, right?"

As of a few weeks ago, he falls asleep by himself.  This is a big deal because one of us (usually Chris) was spending up to 2 hours laying with him until he fell asleep.  Now, we read a couple of books, say prayers, I ask him if there's anything he wants to talk about and there almost always is (I love this and hearing about what's important to him), and then he stays up looking at books for a few minutes by himself before falling asleep.  This makes him seem like such a big boy!  He also talks in his sleep.  He's usually yelling at Georgia to stop touching his toys, which is so funny!

He really, really does not like the attention to be on him (in a group) and takes a long time to warm up to new situations.  I am so proud of him when I see him work up the courage to try something new even when he's really nervous.  





I did a little birthday interview with Reid and here are his answers...
  1. Can you tell me what your name is? Reid Preston Sciba
  2. How old are you? 4
  3. What makes you happy? You giving new toys.
  4. What makes you sad? Georgia taking away my toys.
  5. What's your favorite animal? alligator
  6. What's your favorite food to eat? macaroni 
  7. What do you like to do outside? jump and slide and swing
  8. What do you like to do inside? play
  9. What is your favorite toy? new spiderman toy (other new toys) What is your favorite of your old toys? Everything of my old toys.
  10. What's your favorite book? The Very Hungry Caterpillar 
  11. What's your favorite show? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  12. What's your favorite song? Wheels on the Bus
  13. What's your favorite game? Sorry
  14. What's your favorite color? gray and purple
  15. Where is your favorite place to go? Sea World
  16. Who are your best friends? my small group friends
  17. What are you really good at? games
  18. What do you like to do with Mommy? play with you
  19. What do you like to do with Daddy? jump on him
  20. What's your favorite thing to play with Georgia? trucks

We could not be more proud of this boy and we are so thankful he's ours!
Happy Birthday, Reid!  We love you SO much!!!

4 year old stats:

Height - 43.5 inches, 97%
Weight - 46.8 pounds, 98%

1 comment:

  1. I love that he wakes up and makes sure you don't have anything going on that day while Davis wakes up and makes sure we DO have something going on each day! They sound alike in many ways but very different in other ways and I always like to compare and contrast since they are so close in age :) Four is pretty darn great so far!

    ReplyDelete