Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend in Gruene!

On Friday afternoon my mom, sister, and I headed out for a girls weekend in Gruene with some of our oldest friends!  The timing was perfect because Friday morning was just rough.  It was basically one continuous meltdown from about 5:40 am until I left at 2:30.  At some point that morning we had to run to Target for a few things and we left our mark there too. ;)


We met the Morrises when Ashlee was 6, I was 5, Alli M. was 4, and Alli (my sister) was 3.  We were all in San Antonio (separately) for vacations and we were at the zoo.  The Allis both got caught in a net at the playground at the same time and our moms went over to help them.  They started talking and then we kept running into them in San Antonio while we were there, but never discussed where we were from.  Once we were back in Katy we ran into them again at the grocery store and the rest is history! :) We were basically inseparable when we were little girls and then as we got older and life got busier we just don't see them near as often as we would like to!  We had such a fun weekend catching up, shopping, eating, and LAUGHING.








Chris did a great job holding down the fort. 
He said they did a lot of laundry because it kept the kids entertained! Ha!
They made cookies, which is one of Reid's favorite things to do!

It was a great weekend, but I was so happy to come home to these sweet faces!


5 comments:

  1. I love that y'all did this! And I'm also glad for your sake that R & GK were stinkers on Friday morning so it would make you less sad about leaving them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Reid his favorite teacher likes homemade cookies too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story of how you meet these friends! Way to go on getting a much need weekend away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! So glad it was a blast- you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete